• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 680i SLI vdroop mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WiglyWorm

First of all, what's vdroop? I'm kind of assuming it's the difference between how much voltage you tell your bios you want and the ammount you actually get in windows. Is that near correct?

Secondly, it seems doing a vdroop mod will get you lower heat, truer voltage, and better overclocking. Will it do any harm?

How do you do the vdroop mod? I've seen alot of pictures that label bits of the motherboards that I aparently want to do... something... to, but none ever seem to say what I should do.

Lastly, will performing the vdroop mod affect my ability to participate in eVGA's step up program (780i is coming soon)?

First of all, what's vdroop? I'm kind of assuming it's the difference between how much voltage you tell your bios you want and the ammount you actually get in windows. Is that near correct?

Secondly, it seems doing a vdroop mod will get you lower heat, truer voltage, and better overclocking. Will it do any harm?

How do you do the vdroop mod? I've seen alot of pictures that label bits of the motherboards that I aparently want to do... something... to, but none ever seem to say what I should do.

Lastly, will performing the vdroop mod affect my ability to participate in eVGA's step up program (780i is coming soon)?
Vdroop:

I set my voltage to 1.6v. While under load, it runs at 1.53v. A "vdroop mod" eliminates that.

A vdroop won't lower heat output. Just makes sure the droop isn't there.

Look up on some forums for your motherboard, they are motherboard specific.

Well...it voids your warranty, if that is what your asking ;)

Back