• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not Particularly Happy with Crucial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
So I ordered a set of Crucial Ballistix for 114.98 that had a $40 mail-in rebate making it a wonderful deal at $75 for 2 gigs of high quality memory. (They've since become even cheaper without the rebates.)

Memory ordered August 29th, received 3 days later, and I sent the rebate form off the same day.

I checked rebatestaus.com and it gave me an estimated mail date of November 16th, which is just at the tail end of 8 weeks.

November 16th came and went... no rebate. So I checked again today... NOW it's giving me an estimated mail date of DECEMBER 6!!!

WHAT THE HELL??!?!

That's already far outside of the maximum 8 weeks they mentioned. And why the hell did they change the date?

This is the very last time I send in a crucial rebate. I sent one in to EVGA and they sent me a check in two weeks flat.

Rebates suck it is a fact of life. I've never been burnt on one but it does seem to take forever to get them back

Rainless, they hire people every x amount of weeks to do rebates. Sounds like they just didn't want to do yours in the last batch. ;)

Rebates take a long time, I have come to accept that and find ways around them.

Rainless, they hire people every x amount of weeks to do rebates. Sounds like they just didn't want to do yours in the last batch. ;)

Rebates take a long time, I have come to accept that and find ways around them.

I know rebates take a long time. The problem is it's already BEEN a long time. It's way outside of their 8 week maximum. I was going to get G.Skills instead of the crucials because the g.skills had no rebate. But I was told my SOMEBODY that crucial was good with their rebates.

They are not.

This is the point of my thread.

I know rebates take a long time. The problem is it's already BEEN a long time. It's way outside of their 8 week maximum. I was going to get G.Skills instead of the crucials because the g.skills had no rebate. But I was told my SOMEBODY that crucial was good with their rebates.

They are not.

This is the point of my thread.
Ah, sorry, I misread your post. ;)

rebatestaus.com?? Do people even look at what they type anymore?
Anyhow, Never knew about rebatestatus.com.... apparently Im not getting my 2 clubIT rebates? :(

AHA this is why rainless spazzed about MIRs in the cyberdeals thread for 'cyber Monday.' Dang boy you crack me up :p Regarding this particular thread, have you tried contacting them by whatever method is noted on the rebate form? I've had to contact a few places about rebates and the people were helpful.

damn i got an email saying they got my rebate 1 week after i sent it earlier this month, but it looks like I will be waiting till march.... that sucks

AHA this is why rainless spazzed about MIRs in the cyberdeals thread for 'cyber Monday.' Dang boy you crack me up :p Regarding this particular thread, have you tried contacting them by whatever method is noted on the rebate form? I've had to contact a few places about rebates and the people were helpful.

I can't even find the rebate form. I'll have to see if I can dig it up somehow...

It seems everyone hates rebates. I have had good luck with crosair ones though. Also Silverstone was amazing with them. It only took like 2 weeks and the check was hand signed (not stamped).

I've never had a serious problem getting rebates either but lately some do seem to take longer than they used to. Then again a few came much faster than I expected. Maybe it's just more volume to work during the holidays, also keep in mind that it's almost never the manufacturer who fulfills the rebates but some other company that is contracted to do it. As long as a manufacturer keeps the same fulfillment company it's possible to say 'their rebates are fast/easy/whatever' but they can always change to another company.

Rattle - March is really long for them to mail the check, was it supposed to be 6-8 weeks? March is 12 weeks from now.

rainless - don't you keep the pdf file until you receive the rebate? :(

I've never had a serious problem getting rebates either but lately some do seem to take longer than they used to. Then again a few came much faster than I expected. Maybe it's just more volume to work during the holidays, also keep in mind that it's almost never the manufacturer who fulfills the rebates but some other company that is contracted to do it. As long as a manufacturer keeps the same fulfillment company it's possible to say 'their rebates are fast/easy/whatever' but they can always change to another company.

Rattle - March is really long for them to mail the check, was it supposed to be 6-8 weeks? March is 12 weeks from now.

rainless - don't you keep the pdf file until you receive the rebate? :(

Yeah I do. But numerous hard drive schenanigans since then (It's been like three months.) I even have extra printouts. But finding this stuff will not be easy.

Depending upon where you bought it the form may be archived. Newegg and others keep old rebate forms available to view or download.

Depending upon where you bought it the form may be archived. Newegg and others keep old rebate forms available to view or download.

Oh that's cool. I found a rebate with the phone number though. I'll give 'em a call on monday.

Thanks for your help. :beer:

any word rainless?

i used to think crucial was an overpriced rip-off with a lifetime warentee.
(after i paid for it that is...)

you know about my BT-6 DDR -

got so wet over so long a time it corroded in my machine.
got soaked in a hot running rig.
brushed with toothpaste and water under a tap.
put in the oven to dry.
i killed 2 of 4 sticks.
i revived 2 of 4 sticks. (it was 4X512)

i diddnt take advantage of the lifetime warentee, but ive got more than my fair share from them yet. (and im a little bit honest...)

im pretty sure i paid ballpark $400 for them. (my memory is fuzzy though)
you paid $114 for twice the amount.

lets see you do CL 2.5 with yours /smirk...

get on those boys. you have the deal in writing - hold them to it!
you arent in the buisness of making loans to crucial are you?

any word rainless?

i used to think crucial was an overpriced rip-off with a lifetime warentee.
(after i paid for it that is...)

you know about my BT-6 DDR -

got so wet over so long a time it corroded in my machine.
got soaked in a hot running rig.
brushed with toothpaste and water under a tap.
put in the oven to dry.
i killed 2 of 4 sticks.
i revived 2 of 4 sticks. (it was 4X512)

i diddnt take advantage of the lifetime warentee, but ive got more than my fair share from them yet. (and im a little bit honest...)

im pretty sure i paid ballpark $400 for them. (my memory is fuzzy though)
you paid $114 for twice the amount.

lets see you do CL 2.5 with yours /smirk...

get on those boys. you have the deal in writing - hold them to it!
you arent in the buisness of making loans to crucial are you?

I should say not.

Finally got my rebate today. I'm never doing another Crucial rebate again. I'll do an EVGA one in a heartbeat... but that's that.

Sorry that you had such troubles getting your money within the time frame on the rebates.

I can only say that I've gotten about 10 rebates back in the last six months or so and all were within the alloted time on the forms.

What did you do to get them mad at you?

Just kidding of course, but I do believe that your case is more of an exception than the rule.

Back