• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5W DH Deluxe- OC question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rcmorr0924

Hey everyone.

While going through my bios settings, I saw an option called "Dram Throttling threshold", if I keep that on auto instead of disabled will it limit my oc like hyperpath 3?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

It never affected my oc's but I decided to turn it off also. But I hate this board and can't wait to not deal with it in a week anymore. A lot of people had good success though, hopefully you get better results. I even added new NB cooling and as5 on both bridges only to have the same issues. I'm going to try another chip in a couple days so maybe its just that causing the problems. We shall see!. In the meantime I just ordered an I P35-E just in case my other e6600 that oc's well doesn't have improvement with this asus board.

I shut mine off... This board is not the best for overclocking, which is quite frustrating considering how much I paid for it.

As you can see, I've not gotten it stable past 3.33, although I can run it up to 3.43 long enough to get through 3dm06.

Good Luck!

I shut mine off aswell, I am running at 3.2ghz once again. The highest oc I have been able to achieve was around 3.6ghz for a quick super pi run. Nothing above 3.2ghz seems to work for me without having to really up the voltage.

with all this talk it looks like i received a chery of a p5wdh... i was able to grab 4ghz with my e6600 on it with novmods to the board at all. (445fsb) long enought to run cpuz do a coupla super pi 1m runs to get the fastest, upload screenies, make a post in the 4ghz club, and do a cpuz validation :beer:

Heck i dont even think i have touched that dram throttleing threshold setting.

So can anyone tell me if its my board dying or my chip since I had a completely stable 3.5 a year ago and can't go past 3.4 now.

Back