• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sub 129.99 motherboard for q6600 @ 3.2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Syndicate

Hello my little nerds ,

Shortly after july 22nd I had purchased a Q6600 from clubIT , Thinking I was about to purchase all the other parts needed I decided to get a new case locally , While on the way soccer mom sally decided to turn my gixxer into a ball of smashed plastic and aluminum along with my leg. So its been a few months and I had some money to start purchasing again . But it seems some new Mother board options have came out and im not building a budget PC persay but im sick of not being able to game . ( havent seen bioshock , tf2 , crysis ( luckily last night 4am est newegg had stock on the evga 8800gt's + crysis and I had gotten one )

Along with now me reading about d9 problems etc etc , new corsair tx series psu's etc. im sure you know how it is . If you are out of the loop for a couple months you are lost for a year.

Anyway im sick of waiting to buy parts so I figured id just budget my self a bit and ditch getting the IP35 pro or Gigabytes p35 ds4 . Is the GA-P35-DS3R ( original choice back on july 22nd ) still decent? I see they have these REV 2.0 boards etc. I see many people enjoy the ip35 but the vdroop scares me because im a big baby but id still get it.

No need for SLI , firewire , raid on any of the boards

ill be running the following
mobo : ^_^
cpu : q6600 g0
psu : corsair 750tx or pcpc 750quad
vid : evga 8800gt ( 650mhz )
ram : probably the gskill 4x2gb ddr2 1000mhz that people seem to be picking up incase im forced into vista.

thanks champs.

There is a pencil mod for the IP35 to stop vdroop,

Mobo- IP35 Non-Pro
CPU- Q6600 - Fine/
750W is overkill for a single card set up, TX650 Would be fine.
GFX - 8800GT fine, don't go over 1000MHz on the Memory.
RAM: DDR1000, Won't get any higher but it's good memory.

All looks good.

Just to chime in I am running a Q6600 and 8800GT off of corsairs 450VX just fine. Remember most single card systems rarely pull 400-500 watts from the wall.

Just to chime in I am running a Q6600 and 8800GT off of corsairs 450VX just fine. Remember most single card systems rarely pull 400-500 watts from the wall.

Im going to get the corsair 550 that wolf / jonny had reviewed . Although I have plenty of water cooling items laying around I think ill just be sticking to air this time as with a clock of 3.2 from what im reading water is not needed with good air flow . Will also cut down since I will not have to run run a pump. My concern is the amount of fans id be able to use ( such the wrong thread for this but i hate making them everywhere ) I have previous fears as my fsp 400w was unable to power my computer with 2x120 hydro bearings and a water pump ( agp 6600gt / 1 74g raptor / 3700+ )

I am debating holding off until next weds since with 400 dollars left to buy ram / psu / mobo / cooler is not looking to good atm . Heh I love how "rebates" torment my budget .

If you live near a pcclub, you can pick up the abit ip35 pro for 129$ after rebates on black friday.

It has problems, several cards have had the problem when cards go over 2000mhz effective the memory craps out for some reason...

Back