• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd time around

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mk11232

Registered
Its been a while since I did my first project which worked well, but damn that thing was loud. But that is my own fault for putting the radiator on the outside.

Now I'm ready to build a new wc loop for my latest computer build but I'm lacking a little in how to proceed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here's my current computer, it's air cooled with Tuniq tower. It's much quieter then my first wc system but the amount of heat the video cards put out of the rear reqire an external fan to vent all the heat in the room. I want to wc to not have to deal with that anymore

I want to water cool a QX6700 (no oc'd yet), 2 BFG 8800GTX OC2 cards on a evga 680i mb (which has that incrediblyhot nb chip which will likley need cooling if I take away all the fans). My last build did not involve this much stuff and I'm unsure what size pump will be needed for all these components, what size radiator, and is it possible to build this completely encased?

Whether it can be all inside a case depends on the case, what case are you using?

To cool a quad and two GTXs you could get away with using a single MCR-320, however since you want silence a Thermochill PA120.3 or a MCR320 and MCR220 would be better.

Have you considered dual loops? Having one loop for CPU and another for graphics cards? :)

right now I have an antec p182, but I plan on changing cases becasue its too small to really handle wc'ing. Right now I'm in the simple research phase but I have a feeling I'm going to go with a Lian Li case of some sort (maybe the silent one).

I thought about 2 loops but wouldn't that require 2 of everything (pump, rad, etc) ?

Back