• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Final List

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Ok, so after much indecision about WC/no WC and specific parts/etc.......Im ready to purchase. This will be my very first WC attempt, and it likely will start on the main rig in my sig.

Here is my final list. A few questions though.....

1. Am I missing anything?
a)Mounting kit for the FuZion or does that come with something allready?
b)If I decide to go with a backplate, I couldnt find one at jab-tech.
I have read that you an use a thermalright socket 775. Is that what I should use?
c)Clamps/etc? Or do all of the attachment pieces come with....something?
d)algicides/other additives?

2. How many feet of tubing do you think I will need to purchase? That stuff aint cheap LOL! Im cooling with a single loop, Q6600 and an 8800 GTX.

3. Any advantage to lapping the FuZion? Im likely going to bow it, and if so I assume lapping wont many any difference either way correct?

4. Any specific tools I will need? I am planning on putting this on a rig that is running in an Antec 900. Obviously the rad will need to be mounted outside, and since there is that huge 200mm fan on the top it will be on the backside. So....all I will need is a drill, some bits, and a few screws/bolts right?

5. Pump - I saw several websites that had different styles of the same MCP655 12v pump. Is the one I linked an 'appropriate' one?

6. TIMM - Always used AS5, but this is my first WC. I see alot of people using Ceramique or other products. Why? Should I NOT use AS5?

7. 1/2 barb on the FuZion and.....1/2 ID 3/4 OD tubing would be the best sizes for best flow correct?

Heres the order list:

CPU: Dtek FuZion 1/2 barb + accelerator nozzle
GPU: Swiftech Stealth
Rad: Thermochill PA120.3 + 120.3 Shroud
Pump: MCP655 12V
Rad: Swiftech MCRES-Micro
Tubing: Tygon R3603 - 1/2in ID, 3/4in OD X 15 feet

Any other advice/info would certainly be greatly appreciated.

You need barbs for the Thermochill (G3/8 thread, 1/2in. OD)... Fans for the rad (I recommend Yate Loons)

Don't lap the Fuzion, the factory finish is quite good, and any hand-lapping job will probably mess it up.

AS5 is good for the CPU, but don't use on you 8800GTX. Get some Ciramique for that.

Back