• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wich is better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya out of those two dtek for sure!

but i would gladly take a copper top'ed (if i had lots of cash) or just the plain Swiftech apogee GTX.

ya out of those two dtek for sure!

but i would gladly take a copper top'ed (if i had lots of cash) or just the plain Swiftech apogee GTX.

do you know of a better one I want a relativly cheep high performance
one
I don't know why but I just don't like swifteck plus I herd the copper and aluminum react with each other

do you know of a better one I want a relativly cheep high performance
one
I don't know why but I just don't like swifteck plus I herd the copper and aluminum react with each other
The D-Tek Fuzion with the nozzle kit is awesome on quad-cores. For bang-for-the-buck, I recommend the Apogee GT, NOT the GTX. There are cases where the aluminum top in the GTX has corroded, but Swiftech offers an aftermarket copper top. Also, I have heard that the Apogee GTX is more restrictive in terms on the flow rate than the Fuzion.

if the copper top was only 15-20 or so i would get it, but there 39.99 plus the cost of the block itself. as for the copper and aluminum problem the tops of the blocks are nickel plated there for there is not problems.

For the fuzion...
# Black Delrin Top with brass threaded inserts embedded for durability and lightweight construction.
# Black Delrin Mid Chamber is pressure balanced and internally optimized for rapid water transfer.

For the apogee.
The housing is CNC machined out of billet aluminum and receives two plating's for a lifetime protection against corrosion: electroless nickel plating (MIL-C-26074E grade B) and Zinc Cobalt plating (ASTM B 840-99 grade 6). A black die is applied after plating strictly for cosmetic appeal.

AND the MSRP for both blocks is $70.
AND I stick with what I said earlier. Dtek Fuzion- a few C(at most) is worth the delrin top. IMHO at least.

Last edited:
will i don't have proof it is or isn't, don't have one yet, it wouldn't be as popular as it is today if it corroded all the time. then again if its fine the way it is why would swiftech offer a copper top.

For bang-for-the-buck, I recommend the Apogee GT, NOT the GTX.
I'd second that; it's cheaper than the D-tek fuzion and only a couple of degrees in the difference. However, if you want the perfect watercooling system get the D-tek fuzion.

Fuzion.

The Apogee GT is a good block, as is the GTX, and most people won't have any issues with corrosion. But I would prefer to avoid even the potential to start with. I also have had both blocks and really prefer the build of the Fuzion to the GT.

Fuzion.

The Apogee GT is a good block, as is the GTX, and most people won't have any issues with corrosion. But I would prefer to avoid even the potential to start with. I also have had both blocks and really prefer the build of the Fuzion to the GT.

Fuzion it is :)
Thanks for all the help :attn:

Back