• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im bummed,evga 680i wont support yorkfield.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I was CEO of intel I would also do a sneek and change the new CPU slighly to make sure it didnt run on a 680i. And to stab them in the back I would make sure that my new CPU can OC like no tomorow on an X38 MB. :)

i don't feel like reading that whole thread so basically i will need a new mobo for the q9450????????

****ing intel, i hate them!!! i read through it a bit more and it seems intel neglected to inform nvidia or evga. i really want to boycott (intel) them but with the suckyness of amd's new chip i can't.

ya, but who wants a POS like that...

i really hope EVGA offers a 10 or more day stepup to those who have already bought the board. of 25% or more off for those who have it. when i first got my board i never heard of them and wanted a Q6600 but money has been short so once i heard the new set of chips was coming out i am now waiting for it, as it say in my sig i want the Q9450.

if worse comes to worse i will buy a new board slip my ram into 2gb's and power both with my 850watt psu

Well....damn, time to start looking for another motherboard :-/

Anybody want mine? :p

i hear ya guys.im very unhappy with intel right now.a step up would be great from evga but i honestly cant see it happening.
i may just forgo the upgrade bug for a few months.

i hear ya guys.im very unhappy with intel right now.a step up would be great from evga but i honestly cant see it happening.
i may just forgo the upgrade bug for a few months.
Yup, I actually have a thread (benchmarking section) and am probably going to order a motherboard today :-/

I am not waiting to see what happens.

I'm impatient, bite me :p

i thought the board was great, fast, snappy, but it (my A1) did not do well with my q6600, or a friends in a completely different setup. so this doesnt surprise me too much unfortunately.

ya, but who wants a POS like that...

i really hope EVGA offers a 10 or more day stepup to those who have already bought the board. of 25% or more off for those who have it. when i first got my board i never heard of them and wanted a Q6600 but money has been short so once i heard the new set of chips was coming out i am now waiting for it, as it say in my sig i want the Q9450.

if worse comes to worse i will buy a new board slip my ram into 2gb's and power both with my 850watt psu

who wants a POS like what ? dual core? lol

i thought the board was great, fast, snappy, but it (my A1) did not do well with my q6600, or a friends in a completely different setup. so this doesnt surprise me too much unfortunately.

what bios did you have when you tested it, they have the newest bios P31 that fixed that, i also believe the P30 bios helped with it too.

who wants a POS like what ? dual core? lol

yes :) i want a massive upgrade from my celeron.

i will probably end up with the 700 series motherboard from eVGA.

I pretty sure that Spawn-Inc is correct. The latest bios does support the 45nm cpus. If that isn't correct, someone let us know.

Dant, my Commando just went belly up. Hummmm... now what is next?

I pretty sure that Spawn-Inc is correct. The latest bios does support the 45nm cpus. If that isn't correct, someone let us know.

Dant, my Commando just went belly up. Hummmm... now what is next?
According to the eVGA thread, it supports 45nm no problem.

Yeah...the dual cores. They (eVGA rep) said it has problems with the quad version. Great, that does not mean it "supports" 45nm :rolleyes:

Thanks nVidia :thup:

what bios did you have when you tested it, they have the newest bios P31 that fixed that, i also believe the P30 bios helped with it too.

yes, the board shipped with p30, and it was unstable for me at any speed, then p31 came, and i was able to run 366x9 to bench with, but was only able to run 356x9 rock solid day to day :(

Thanks for that info thideras, I was about to switch to an A1 I have. It overclocked well with the E6600 but I've changed to a Q6600. Guess it is time to sell it. :bang head

Back