• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to RMA an eVGA 8800GTS 320mb..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

Since these are discontinued, what are the chances of me getting a free upgrade to an 8800GT? I've read about this happening to people in the past and I was hoping maybe I would get lucky.

Last edited:
Since these are discontinued, what are the chances of me getting a free upgrade to an 8800GT? I've read about this happening to people in the past and I was hoping maybe I would get lucky.

You'll actually get... Oh... Did you say 320mb? My bad...

I'm getting a revision 2 GTS640 for mine.

I'd say your chances of getting a GT are pretty good.

You will more than likely get an 8800GTS 320mb back, they've only just been discontinued. They will have plenty of old stock :)

You can RMA 7950GTs and recieve a 7950GT back still, they keep stock for a while after their discontinued.

Argh...I was hoping for a free upgrade. I might leave it in the box when I get it back from RMA, sell it here, and upgrade to a GT. I don't think the 320mb is going to fair that well in Crysis.

Since it's an RMA, maybe they'd be willing to bend the rules and let you step up to a GT anyways? Their email support, at least their RMA email support, seems to be quick.

UPDATE: The 8800GTS now comes bundled with Crysis.

I've already been approved for a revision 2 8800GTS 640. I would imagine Crysis will also be in the box. :D

Back