• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acerzr2

Registered
I've built a few comps in the past, but never overclocked any. This time I would like to start with some slight OCing. Does anyone have some suggestions as to what settings to use for the CPU and memory to give me a small OC. My specs are in my Sig. Thanks

if you have a look through your mobo manual it will tell you where the cpu clock settings are and go in there and up the fsb a bit, i did mine 20more at a time. don't mess with voltages if you only want a slight oc. you should be able to get your chip to 3.2GHz-3.4GHz without a voltage increase. are you running a stock cooler?

take a screen shot in CPU-Z so i can see what your stuff is at.

Last edited:
No, I'm going to use the Zalman 9700 if it will fit in my Lian Li 1200

My main concern is what should my ratio be for the CPU/memory? I would like it to be 1:1

well for ratio's i'm not the best so i will leave this thread, i'm not sure what mine is at in my sig but what ever it is the system runs great for what it is and i'm happy with it.

If I want to run at a 1:1 ratio, with the RAM running at full 1066 speed, am I right in assuming that I will have to up the FSB of the CPU to 533? Then will I have to lower the multiplier?

Would I be able to run this memory at full speed 1066 if I change the FSB of the processor to 533MHz and the multiplier to 6? If my calculations are right, this will make it run at 3.2GHz. Also, will this be running a 1:1 ratio? Would I have to bump the voltage up at all? Thanks!

Back