• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will u120e fit on the msi p35 platinum.URGENT 2 hours until shipping cut off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

As the title says i am hovering on the buy button for the MSI p35 diamond and i only have 2 hours before i have to wait 48hours for delivery, not the end of the world i know but i am off work on sunday and wish to assemble new rig then.

So, will my u120 extreme heatsink fit?

Also what are the aternatives on www.ebuyer.com budget is 145 pounds it has to be ebuyer or another uk site that accepts paypal as i have money tied up in it.

I don't have one, but judging from the pics, I'd say not, I had bearly enough room to mount mine with a 40mm fan added to the stock chipset from a p5k vanilla and that does look taller, you could always turn the cooler sideways though

Oh well ive bought it anyway looks like a good clocker, will report back

So far so good booted straight to windows at 400fsb on my e6600 @ 3.6ghz u120e fits aswell, cant wait to get serious with this board tomorrow

So how are you getting along with the MSI?

I'm thinking of buying an MSI P35 Neo2 FR, which is basically a stripped down version of the Platinum. (If you peel off the Neo2 FR sticker it says Platinum underneath, lol)

So how are you getting along with the MSI?

I'm thinking of buying an MSI P35 Neo2 FR, which is basically a stripped down version of the Platinum. (If you peel off the Neo2 FR sticker it says Platinum underneath, lol)

Im loving the board in all but one respect and that is the fact that i cant run my ram below 1:1 with the fsb divider meaning high fsb is limited by the the memory i am running atm which is geil ultra low cas 4-4-4-12 pc6400 managed to boot to windows at 425 x 9 @ 3.8ghz, orthos fails after 2 minutes though, the board clearly wants to play ball but im going to have to work on dropping the multi and tweaking the ram some more i will report back.

Ok forget that last bit ram runs at 1000mhz @ 5-5-5-15 2.2v and orthos stable so far which means i maybe just reached my e6600 max oc on air anyway heres a quick pic of 500fsb although cpuz says 499

500fsbwindows.jpg

Back