• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg & UPS are OK in my book!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baltoos

I'm putting together a system for a friend & ordered the compnents I needed from Newegg on Saturday, 11.17.2007. I received the usual email notice from Newegg on Monday,11.19.2007 stating that the package was shipped on Sunday, 11.18! I thought that Newegg didn't ship on weekends. The package was shipped via Newegg's standard UPS 3 Day Shipping & scheduled for delivery on Moday, 11.26.2007. This seemed to me to be a bit longer than 3 business days, but I suppose the Thanksgiving Holiday changed that somewhat.
Amazingly, the package was delivered today, Friday, 11.23.2007 by our regular USPS Mail Carrier!
The package had a UPS 2nd Day Air Shipping label & a different tracking number from the one in the original Newegg email.
Checking the shipping details on the new number at the UPS website, I found this:
DES MOINES, IA, US
11/21/2007 10:32 A.M
MERCHANDISE RETURNED BECAUSE A DELIVERY LABEL IS MISSING. PLEASE ADD A LABEL AND RESHIP THE PACKAGE. / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
Newegg & UPS corrected the problem very quickly & did whatever was necessary to get the package deliverd as quickly as possible.
Great job, Newegg & UPS!!!
-Dave

Yeah, love how quickly newegg ships and such.

Kind of off topic but, has anybody noticed Newegg to be a bit sluggish today?

Duh golfking. :D Black Friday on the best electronics site on the web. (although they did jack the 3870 prices by $50 because they knew they could)

Noticed the price jack as well, but they're out of stock anyway :p. I knew it was Black Friday and all but I didn't expect it to be 10x slower than normal.

Newegg has been good to me so far, but i'm in the middle of the RMA process. I'll be fully happy when they get back to me with the correct item. It's a Seagate issue on my problem, but newegg is taking care of it :). UPS has also been good, although nothing particularly good or bad about thier shipping.

That's strange, it's still really slow for me. Maybe it has something to do with their mirrors in the NY area?

EDIT: nvm up to speed now.

Last edited:
Back