• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New block for q6600, but which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrogBite

I'm building my new system at the moment and am currently deciding upon which block I want to use.

These are the ones I'm considering:
D-Tek FuZion
Aqua-Computer cuplex XT di
Swiftech Apogee GTX

I'm using a 132GPH pump and 3 seperate radiators, therefore the block shouldn't restrict the water flow too much. Besides the CPU the NB is also cooled. I'm using 10/8mm tubing (8mm inner diameter).

Which one of the above, or any other block, would you recommend?

I'm building my new system at the moment and am currently deciding upon which block I want to use.

These are the ones I'm considering:
D-Tek FuZion
Aqua-Computer cuplex XT di
Swiftech Apogee GTX

I'm using a 132GPH pump and 3 seperate radiators, therefore the block shouldn't restrict the water flow too much. Besides the CPU the NB is also cooled. I'm using 10/8mm tubing (8mm inner diameter).

Which one of the above, or any other block, would you recommend?

As far as I know, I believe the FuZion is the best block available. I don't know about your specific situation with a beast pump and 3 radiators though.

I think I'll get the Fuzion. I'm really curious how well it will do in my system.

Nice choice, the Fuzion and GTX are top performers. It is very unlikely you will be dissapointed. :p

As far as I know, I believe the FuZion is the best block available. I don't know about your specific situation with a beast pump and 3 radiators though.

From what I have found recently through researching, the FuZion is the best I agree

However, I would hardly cal the pump described as a "beast". Its actually a very low flow pump. Take what I am about to say with a grain of salt, since I have never built a WC loop and only researched them as I am about to purchase the gear myself, but I would be concerned that a low flow pump like that will be overcome by the restriction of 3 radiators. Why 3??????

Here is the pump I am considering, and its 317 GPH

Right now my room is sitting at 70F, with the fuzion I'm sitting at 54C load (prime95 small FFts load), see sig for details. Good block, I don't even have the nozzle in (didn't come with it when I bought the block).
Dan

From what I have found recently through researching, the FuZion is the best I agree

However, I would hardly cal the pump described as a "beast". Its actually a very low flow pump. Take what I am about to say with a grain of salt, since I have never built a WC loop and only researched them as I am about to purchase the gear myself, but I would be concerned that a low flow pump like that will be overcome by the restriction of 3 radiators. Why 3??????

Here is the pump I am considering, and its 317 GPH

Oh yeah, you're right. For a second I was thinking the 655 was like around 31 GPH and you had something triple of that. If that's the case I'm pretty sure that the top performing blocks are pretty flow restricting which might be pretty bad. But considering you are thinking of switching it doesn't really matter much.

Right now my room is sitting at 70F, with the fuzion I'm sitting at 54C load (prime95 small FFts load), see sig for details. Good block, I don't even have the nozzle in (didn't come with it when I bought the block).
Dan

Same here, and I only use one 2-fan ebay heatercore for both CPU and GPU.

Back