• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA 965p S3 vs P35-ds3r

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

so I have the S3 right now, and possibly have the chance to change it to a p35 ds3r, do those boards overclock pretty good? WOndering how much potential that has over my s3, i know the ds3r accepts quad core. Does it ahve more memory multiplyers? I wanna try for 4gb on this e6400 but i think my memory is the bottleneck since i cant overclock it anymore then 900mhz

I believe the "memory multipliers" would be the same. Only difference is, on the P35, you may be able to choose 1T... which won't change much in terms of (I'm assuming you're trying to get to 4ghz.) 4ghz on an S3 has already been done.

IMO you really only need a P35 if you're going to be running one of the newer CPUs with a 1333mhz strap. I wouldn't upgrade a motherboard just for an E6400. (I've taken mine all the way to 3.84ghz on a DS3.)

Back