• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW50 and new gen cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

I need to upgrade my video card ASAP and I'm going to get an 8800GT or an 3870 depending on how things turn out in the next few weeks and I'm wondering if my MCW50 will fit any of those (My MCW50 has the optional hold down plate) but I can't find any measurements of the mounting holes for those cards.
I assume not much has changed as far as the mounting holes go but I need some advice here as I'm not going to buy a new block for this so its either going to be a DIY job making it fit or I might be doing an CPU only loop.

Thanks for the help

I would think the bolt pattern is different on the 8800GT/3870. If anyone is using a wb on their 8800GT/3870, it would be a newer/modern one.

well i took my mcw60 straight off my x1900 and wacked it on my 8800 is that helps as im guessing your x800 has the same bolt patern as the 1900 series cards. either way best bet is swift'y site and look up the patern then look up the bolts for 88oogt or see if it will fit a x1900 , if it fit that your fine.

well i took my mcw60 straight off my x1900 and wacked it on my 8800 is that helps as im guessing your x800 has the same bolt patern as the 1900 series cards. either way best bet is swift'y site and look up the patern then look up the bolts for 88oogt or see if it will fit a x1900 , if it fit that your fine.

Thanks, I'll look up the bolt configuration.

Back