• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Dell should find somewhere else to hire their employees.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funzie

This is a screenshot of my conversation a few momments ago with a Dell employee, who quoted me a higher price than what I got with a coupon from a site.
dell.gif

But shipping is free. It doesn't really matter, I like the Vostro better.

buisness laptops are cheaper usually, i have noticed this before, but other times i have spec'd out desktop and the home / homne office side is cheaper for better.

it is how it works as usually small buisness + they are byuing more then one, so prices tend to be lower cause more volume is sold... maybe.

HAHAHAHA! I've had many interesting chats through Comcast's chat before, you want to talk about morons geez!

My experience with Dell the last couple weeks has been a nightmare. I purchased an LCD monitor via the website. After nearly a week and a half, the order was still listed as "in production" (a monitor!). So I call their useless customer service which routed me to someone in India. I explained the situation and asked why the monitor was taking so long to ship. The guy said it had been backordered, but on his computer it was listed as in stock and they would have it shipped out in the next couple of days.

So 2 days go by and then I get an email stating they have cancelled my order due to a shipping problem and they couldnt ship it to my military address. So after getting routed through 2 more barely English speaking support techs I was asking about alternate shipping via FedEx international. They tell me I need to speak with the Federal sales division, which wouldnt open until Monday due to Thanksgiving holiday.

So today I get routed through a couple people, but finally end up with a US customer service representative. This guy then tells me that there is no problem whatsoever in shipping to my military address! He said the order was cancelled due to lack of stock. He then asks if I would like to resubmit my order... not for the sale price I originally paid... for the full present-day price!! WTF!? After bitching up a storm, I finally got offered my original order price and he assures me it will ship in two more days.

So its been like 3 weeks and I am back at square one!

I would have taken my business elsewhere, but unfortunately they offer the best 30" WG LCD on the market. I hate Dell!! :(

OK, so what is your complaint? She could not match your Vostro quote? Well then buy from someone other then Dell. This is not a hard decision. If you wanted a Dell for the warranty, name, etc then pay the price................. Buy the Vostro, since you are a member you will not need the dell support anyway!

The best part is when she left the chat before you. She just wanted to get the hell out of there. I had a chat the other day with a guy and I waited about 3 minutes after the chat ended before leaving. He ended up saying, do you still need anything else sir after a few minutes of silence and saying goodbyes.

She isn't dumb though, she quoted you the same price you have. Your price + $19 shipping was $1178. She just hadn't factored in the free shipping, but was still very unhelpful.

The best part is when she left the chat before you. She just wanted to get the hell out of there. I had a chat the other day with a guy and I waited about 3 minutes after the chat ended before leaving. He ended up saying, do you still need anything else sir after a few minutes of silence and saying goodbyes.

Comcast did this to me before regarding my online account. They reset my password and even though in my chat log you could see me saying that it wasn't working still...I got closed out.

Back