• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA or Abit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dop3y

I was wondering what everyones opinion is of these two boards? which is better?

EVGA nForce 680i SLI or the Abit IN9 32x-MAX

I have the Abit now and i am having the hardest time getting ti to overclock. It always give me an error in the post screen saying "Warning! System is now in safe mode" Which of these two boards do you think is better and which is easier to OC. Im new to this whole OC thing so please look at it as a newbie in mind. The Abit is not working to OC for me.

I was wondering what everyones opinion is of these two boards? which is better?

EVGA nForce 680i SLI or the Abit IN9 32x-MAX

I have the Abit now and i am having the hardest time getting ti to overclock. It always give me an error in the post screen saying "Warning! System is now in safe mode" Which of these two boards do you think is better and which is easier to OC. Im new to this whole OC thing so please look at it as a newbie in mind. The Abit is not working to OC for me.

You have the "Abit"....so which one? I mean when you're doing opinions and such approximation is fine, but when you're trying to give us details...well, we need better details. Read up on overclocking the abit, because generally all the brands will be the same in terms of difficulty (same fields etc).

I am already SLI with two 8800GT. I have the Abit IN9 32X-MAX.
I was wondering which is a better board and also if they are about the same then why do i get an error in the post screen sayin "Warning! System is now in safe mode" everytime i try and change any little setting in the BIOS or even thru uGuru.

I am already SLI with two 8800GT. I have the Abit IN9 32X-MAX.
I was wondering which is a better board and also if they are about the same then why do i get an error in the post screen sayin "Warning! System is now in safe mode" everytime i try and change any little setting in the BIOS or even thru uGuru.
The question shouldn't be "which one is better" it should be "why am I getting this error?".

What are you changing to get it to give you that error?

eVGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the best, for sli, accept stupid *** intel decided it would be funny not to let the new 45nm quad's work on it dammit.

this is my first built pc (that i built, not a prebuilt family one) and i was pretty much new to ocing. i now have a almost 100% oc on my celeron :)

eVGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the best, for sli, accept stupid *** intel decided it would be funny not to let the new 45nm quad's work on it dammit.
If you would have taken 5 seconds to read the original post, they are BOTH the nVidia chipset :rolleyes:

i know that, but out of those two motherboards, (only having used/looked at the eVGA one) i'm saying the eVGA is better then the abit one.

i know that, but out of those two motherboards, (only having used/looked at the eVGA one) i'm saying the eVGA is better then the abit one.
My point is, they are the exact same board...they are the same chipset. Different layout...and that is about it :beer:

I can't see why the chipset has a problem with the quads though... If it's compatable with the duals can't they just use a BIOS update?

I can't see why the chipset has a problem with the quads though... If it's compatable with the duals can't they just use a BIOS update?
I'm pretty sure it is because they don't want to, not that they are incapable of doing it.

The 700 supports the quads...and is the exact same chipset as the 680 :rolleyes:

Release a new line of motherboard where the last one is "incompatible" and you make tons of money.

wasn't it just a upgrade to pcie 2.0?

and from that thread around here intel didn't tell nvidia about something so for what ever reason it won't work on a 680i chipset, thats what i read and am basing what i say on.

Back