• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system Build | CPU E6750 1333Mhz SLI or Crossfire Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wizzard005

Hey all,

Ok here's the deal. I will be overclocking, however only to like 3.4Ghz nothing more, so nothing too extreme.

I dont mind if the motherboard is SLI, but it has to have a Silcon Raid controller or Intel. I hate Nvidia Raid....

I Also prefer something with no onboard sound.

I was reading over at toms hardware and they say:

A455-2364 :: Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition Motherboard - 45nm Support, Intel X38, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, CrossFire Ready, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID (5.45 lbs)

Is a good motherboard..... What do you all think?

If I go with that motherboard, would this been good ram for it?

Corsair Dominator DHX 4096MB Dual Channel PC8500 DDR2?

ASUS makes so many motherboards.

What is a good 1333Mhz ASUS or Abit or Gig motherboard?

X38 is what you want for CF, SLI is not supported via driver level from NV. choose which you want first then look at the boards... there are no boards that are supported by both...

X38 is what you want for CF, SLI is not supported via driver level from NV. choose which you want first then look at the boards... there are no boards that are supported by both...

thats what i was thinking. So what X38 1333Mhz FBS boards are good for around 200 bucks? ASUS has a ton of them they all look the same.

I dont care about wifi, just really dont want onboard sound..

Going to pick up a Core 2 E6750

man, if you plan on benchmarking crossfire might be the way to go - otherwise if multiGPU is what you want for gaming i would go SLi - word on the street is Xfire and crysis don't play nice together.

Back