• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Please Not sure what MB to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Csst

Registered
Well looks like the motherboard i have does not support my QX9650 i have 2 8800 Ultra that I'm going to run SLI.. Whats the best board to get for this the Striker Extreme that i own now doesn't support the QX9650. So whats the best option to go with at this point? Do you think I'm better off with a QX6850 with the Striker MB i have and the 2 8800 Ultra in SLI or should i look for a another MB with my QX9650?? Just not to sure what MB to use that will work in SLI with that CPU since the Striker will not support it??

your gonna have to wait for 780i/790i. turns out that 680i while supporting 45nm cpus only supports the 45nm dual cores, not the quads.

Do you think I'm better off waiting or just use my Striker MB with the 2 8800 Ultra with my QX6950... Or wait to use the QX9650 with another MB?

the striker will not work with the QX9650 as its 680i based your going to have to wait for 780i,790i.

My bad i did a typo i meant should i use my QX6850 with my Striker or wait til the other MB and use the QX9650?

the qx6850 will be fine on the 680i... i would hold off till the new sli boards. sounds like you already have the QX9650. if so then i would drop the second ultra for just one and go with p35.

The parts i have right now on hand ready to go is the QX6850 i have 2 8800 Ultra superclocked i have the Striker MB and a Silencer 750 PS. what do you think?

Thanks
Csst

honastly the QX9650 was a waste since you cant use it on the 680i. yet you want SLI so atm sell the QX9650 and stick with the QX6850 with the SLI'd 8800U's. if you sell the QX9650 now and wait for january newer QX's will be out that will be the same price as the one you bought. i wouldnt let a 1k+cpu just sit there cause my motherboard didnt support it.

ok thanks for the advice i think i'm going to do that

Back