• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"which mobo" thread with tight constraints...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:welcome: to the forums!! :D:D

The eVGA 680i will do that. It does "not support" the 1066, but you can run it anyway ;)

Also, please not that this motherboard does NOT run the 45nm quads (even though it was advertised as "45nm capable").

thanks, yeah i've been researching the memory OC thing a little. so would i just buy the 1066 sticks and the bios of the eVGA will detect the ram's default speed of 1066? or would the bios recognize them as 800 sticks and i would just "overclock" the sticks up to the stock speed? does anyone know when/if new mobo's will be coming out to support the SLI and DDR21066?

thanks, yeah i've been researching the memory OC thing a little. so would i just buy the 1066 sticks and the bios of the eVGA will detect the ram's default speed of 1066? or would the bios recognize them as 800 sticks and i would just "overclock" the sticks up to the stock speed?
It might detect them as 1066, I've never run anything but 800mhz ram in my system.

Either way, jump in the BIOS when you get it and make sure the timings and speeds are set correctly ;)

Maybe someone here has already tried it.

Back