• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The MSI p35 platinum thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

Im sure i cant be the only one with this great board so i thought i would start this thread to share tips and progress on overclocking this board.

So far i have ran 500 fsb in to windows with no problems after dropping my multi
to x7 with 1.55v on northbridge and fsb.

I am currently stressing @ 3.63ghz after dropping the multi to 8 and upping the fsb to 454 i have left the fsb and nb voltages @ 1.55v each and will work on dropping them as and when this oc is deemed stable by myself.

Pics to follow.

So how are you faring with yours?

how do you change the mulitplier. I just got this board the other day and my new waterblock gets in today so i will be playing around with the sockets. From what i saw tho was the multiplier and the voltages were read only.

how do you change the mulitplier. I just got this board the other day and my new waterblock gets in today so i will be playing around with the sockets. From what i saw tho was the multiplier and the voltages were read only.

Disable EIST and multi is then downward unlockable to 6,7,8 from 9

theres 2 jumpers on the mobo, under the pcie slot that u can change the fsb. The stock setting is 200, and you can jumper to 266 and 300

OK, how to get XP Pro installed?

We've got this board- installed Ubuntu just fine- but when I go to do an install of windows XP Pro I get bsod after bsod. I created a floppy with the newest ICH9 drivers from MSI's website and I still can't get XP install to proceed- it crashes on the pci.sys.

Suggestions very much welcome.

The hard drive is SATA, the CDRom is SATA; I've disabled both and put a good install of XP Pro on an IDE drive and it keeps bsoding on load. I've disabled the onboard SATA controller and it continues to crash.

Bios appears to be 1.2, E4500 chip, corsair ram... etc- Like I said the system boots and runs Ubuntu just fine.

Back