• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering keeping my case and cutting it up for new setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c0dec

I have the older style but imo better looking Coolermaster Praetorian. The main downside being that is doesnt have any 120mm fans at present.

Im getting the Swiftech Apex Ultra kit for xmas and was at first thinking about getting a new case for it but having trouble finding one in my price range (£100-£150) that has quite abit of room inside, so maybe I should try and cut mine up?

My current setup looks like this:

DSC00167.jpg

I want to mount the 240mm rad into at the top of my case as I dont really want it external. Whats best to cut my case up with? I cant see me doing very straight lines on my first go :eek:

Also is there anything I can download and print out to get an idea of sizes of the rad to see if it will work?

Regards

All you can do is take the dimensions of the rad and draw a template out. This will let you know if you have enough room in the top of the case.

To cut the hole(s) you can go with either a dremel or a circular hole saw.

Check out my progress, had this cheiftec case since 2001.. been more then happy with it, i like the looks and dont feel like theres any new cases i like right now (never really felt like spending all my cash on a case, rather spend it on hardware)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=534351

I cut the top wiht a grinder..

I just did a radiator cut in a metal shop using a punch. took a while to get the measurements right but came out great. I am going to make a log and post pictures for it later.

:D

yeah measure dimensions and check on line to see how long/wide the radiator is

Back