• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35pro & QX9650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
Well my chip is here :clap:

Though it looks like Abit may have some work to do with the bios!

With the new uguru, temps maybe reading a little high (bottom of the heatsink is dead cold)

uguruhotashellna1.jpg

I'm all so stuck with a 6 X multplier, no matter what I set in the bios (yes C1E etc are turned off and power settings are set to high)

cupz6issuepo0.jpg

And both the new uguru and cpu-z wont play nice to together.

Ps I'm using bios 16beta01, I'm about to flash to beta03 to see if that helps.

The silence is killing me.

No offense to the OP, but is there any chance we can get this moved to either extreme cooling or, more appropriately, the Intel CPU section? I forgot to subscribe and spent a good 2 minutes looking (oh noes, not 2 minutes) for this thread like an idiot. I think we're all more interested in QX9650, not the IP35pro. I could be wrong though. :/

This thread can say here, its more for the guys with IP35pro's, that may want to know about any issues they may have with this cpu, I've been looking all over the net for days to see if anyone had this combo but couldn't fine anyone.

I will be starting a thread in the intel section a little later when I have some numbers to post up.
All the numbers will be in that thread.

With anticipation of my chip hitting my doorstep any day now, whats this about BIOS issues?

You have the same board / chip combo as me.

What exactly is the problem?

off to read Abit forums...

With anticipation of my chip hitting my doorstep any day now, whats this about BIOS issues?

You have the same board / chip combo as me.

What exactly is the problem?

off to read Abit forums...

seems that on bios 14 while support for the cpu is there the multi is set to 6x. with no ability to change it, looks like you have to use the newer bios 1.6 beta to get the QX9650 to work in the board.

I just noticed your CPUz reported vCore and uGuru reported vCore look similar to mine. Does this thing droop that bad? I never noticed it when clocking my E6850 up high. I am doing basic Prime testing on my QX9650 an IP35 Pro and I notice with 1.36vCore selected in BIOS I am seeing reported vCore by CPUz and uGuru at 1.22 idle / 1.20 load.

Whats the deal? Thats a pretty big margin of difference.

I just noticed your CPUz reported vCore and uGuru reported vCore look similar to mine. Does this thing droop that bad? I never noticed it when clocking my E6850 up high. I am doing basic Prime testing on my QX9650 an IP35 Pro and I notice with 1.36vCore selected in BIOS I am seeing reported vCore by CPUz and uGuru at 1.22 idle / 1.20 load.

It's a Quad as opposed to your previous Dual. That plays a part I could think as well.

well what you select in bios and what you actually get is not vdroop. getting 1.20-1.22 load to idle is the best i have seen. it falls in line with a dual core load to idle vdroop. its normal with the board, even the asus boards do it as well. there is a vdroop mod for the board, i think you can pencil it. sorry i dont pay much mind to the vdroop mods, never really cared. since a up in the bios solves the problem on the cpu voltage...we are not talking uber clocking here we are on air/water.

Back