• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a mobo that meets thes specs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leftheaded

Looking for a motherboard that supports:
45nm quads
pci-e 2.0 (preferably two of them in SLI)
1600 or 1333Mhz FSB
ICH9R or some other software RAID
decent overclocking... nothing spectacular. just something like 3-3.2Ghz on a Q6600 24/7 stable

basically, It seems like I'm looking for an Asus Maximus SE, but with SLi instead of crossfire. does that exist? anything coming?

There are no Intel chipsets with SLI. If you want SLI you have to use nVidias chipset, which currently does not support the 45nm processors.

thanks for the quick replies. that's what i thought, but wanted to be sure i'm not overlooking something.

my build comes down to a question of matrix RAID or SLI. if i dont' do SLI I think i'll try the asus maximus formula. i guess if i want to go SLI, then I'll wait for 780i since it supports pci-e 2.0 & 45nm quads. this build needs to last me 3 years if possible

You could always go with a cheaper P35 board for now and one nVidia GPU. Then when the time comes pick up the new nVidia chipset and another GPU.

Back