• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asetek KT12A-12VS is it any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xbladr

I was curious if this kit was any good Asetek KT12A-12VS?
Link: http://www.svc.com/03-l-1341.html

Seems to be a great price and from what i understand Asetek is just as good as swiftech practically the same. The only thing you would hypothetically change would be a larger radiator maybe at some point but for now would that be a great place to start? Yes I know it is a kit but it still has what appears to be a lot of good components.

Thanks,
-Brandon Mercuri

the rad is way to small for 3 blocks, and i'm not sure on the waterblocks and pump so i won't say anything on them. for the pump since its a combo unit of res and pump leads me to believe its not all that good.

From what i understand Asetek is just as good as swiftech

I would definataly have to disagree with that. There's a huge difference in the quality of the blocks and the components. That kit might be cheaper but performance hit is too big. My advice would be to save and but together your own list of parts or to get a decent air cooler like the Ultra-120 eXtreme, Tuniq Tower etc

Yea I have been looking around and most say that if you just upgrade the rad the cooling system is actually pretty nice and as time goes on I can always upgrade the blocks and stuff slowly... is a tuniq tower that much better im using an arctic pro freezer 7 right now on my FX-55.

There is no way I would spend $235 on that kit.

The CPU block looks like a whitewater type, and I would really stay away from acrylic tops for waterblocks. There also is no spec given for the head pressure of the pump, and the radiator is going to have to be replaced.

For the same money for a kit, you could buy a Swiftech Apex 220 for $240 and add your GPU block and you would come out the same. http://www.crazypc.com/products/9370.html

Or $42 for an Apogee GT, $47 for an MCW60 GPU block (got mine new for $40+tax at Microcenter in Atlanta), MCR320 for $55, MCP350 for $65, a Swiftech Microres for $20, and some tubing and clamps all from crazypc.com and you will be under $250 and have a bang up system. And that is buying everything new. I would buy some stuff from the classifieds used. For instance, I have a Maze4 acetal myself that I need to list.

Back