• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed out of $50.00 by NewEgg or Paypal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H2

I received an email from NewEgg today saying if I order from them and use my Paypal account I can get 20% off up to a total of $50.00 from Paypal. Offer good through 11/28/2007. The money would be deposited in my Paypal account by 1/31/2008:)

I ordered an extra complete computer system that took me about 1 hour to price it all out and send in the order. The order was placed at 2:47 P.M Pacific time with NewEgg.

1 hour later I looked at my email from NewEgg today and a big banner is splashed accross now that says OFFER ENDED. :confused:

I called NewEgg and they said PayPal ran out of funds for the special promotion and cancelled their offer 2 days early.

That is BS. :mad:

If I ran out of funds to pay for the parts that wouldn't be acceptable and neither is this.

I don't know weather to be upset with NewEgg or Paypal.

I buy $10,000+ a year from NewEgg and this is not the way to treat loyal or for that matter any customers.

I should cancel my order because it was stuff I really don't need I just wanted to loose a $50.00 kick back from Paypal.

I hate PP and Ebay....I use them alot, but I've heard way too many horror stories.

Another one here. :mad:
Paypal needs a kicking, and has needed it for a loooonng time.

Contact a Newegg rep and see if they can help.

Yeah, I only use pay pal on these forums since its faster then MOs. I do not really trust it with anything else.

Can the Newegg Rep please shed some light on this? What are the facts regarding this? Was it 9am PST, 12pm PST, was it completely disregarded? What's up?

Edit: I have an order pending that may be canceled based on what you tell me.

Thanks

Last edited:
it STATED that the offer would go until a certain date. That statement must be kept or newegg is going to have some issues. We should still be able to order (up until the 28) to receive this offer. Newegg better do something. This is total BUll

Cancelled my PayPal account

I cancelled my order with NewEgg an hour ago just so it wouldn't run through PayPal. If you can't trust PayPal with this kind of thing, I'm sure not going to trust them with my checking account. Account is now closed. I will probably regret it because of the one time per year I need it, but I hate getting screwed intentionally.

I reordered it from NewEgg with my Visa and I won't get the $50.00 but I was already told by NewEgg and Paypal that I wouldn't because Paypal cancelled the offer early.

The right thing would be for NewEgg to make good on the $50.00 or sue Paypal for breach of the add.

I'm not a happy camper.:mad:

you guys realize that in the email they cover them selves...

Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid on 11/26/2007. Once end date is reached discounted prices and/or promo codes will no longer be valid. After this date standard prices will resume and are subject to change without notice. Newegg is not responsible for typographical errors. All typographical errors are subject to correction. Offers valid only while supplies last. Use of promo codes is limited to one (1) offer per order and product. Promo codes may not be applied to multiple products within the same order or to more than one (1) item of the same product.

your getting ****ed over something that was bound to happen... they set aside an amount of money that would be paid back for each merchant, and if it was to go over they cant give any more.

and you also realize that this promo had NOTHING to do with newegg, they are just a merchant of paypal

also check the terms and conditions of this paypal 20% off
https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/terms.html

mainly #8
8. Restrictions: PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This offer cannot be resold or transferred.

EDIT sorry to burst your bubble, but your getting mad over somehting you shouldnt, you were to slow to get to the deal thats your fault... SORRY! :beer:

Last edited:
I talked to NewEgg today before I ordeded and they said that the offer is good on any and all mechandise at NewEgg for 11/26/2007.

This is even on NewEggs Forum from their own reps. It was also posted to me and my brother from NewEgg LiveChat to the same effect.

I talked to NewEgg today before I ordeded and they said that the offer is good on any and all mechandise at NewEgg for 11/26/2007.

This is even on NewEggs Forum from their own reps. It was also posted to me and my brother from NewEgg LiveChat to the same effect.
Screenshot it and host it so they can't just delete the thread and say "huh, there was a thread?".

I don't think NewEgg would do it at all, it is just for proof.

still dont matter man... its all paypal not newegg. haha sorry!

Well the bottom line is this.

If NewEgg is going to associate themselves with this type of activity and do nothing about it. People like us have choices!

Having someone try to weasle out of a deal because of the fine print is for attorneys.
NewEgg said the deal was on and I believed them.
They know and I know what is the right thing to do.

What I do will depend on what they do. PayPal is a done deal.

I could send a CPU to anyone on this site as I have done in the past and if they say they are going to send me $50.00 for it they do.
That's they way you do business. If they don't $50.00 won't kill me but it will finish them at Overclockers.

i get where your comming from man but you musta said to your self when you got the email this morning just like i did... 20% off on everything where's the catch. sorta the saying its to good to be true... well it was :shrug::-/

i mean its sorta like ur getting ****ed cus you bought a hd that someone miss typed the price of 9.99 then only to have the place cancel the order and you complain.

Well the bottom line is this.

If NewEgg is going to associate themselves with this type of activity and do nothing about it. People like us have choices!

Having someone try to weasle out of a deal because of the fine print is for attorneys.
NewEgg said the deal was on and I believed them.
They know and I know what is the right thing to do.

What I do will depend on what they do. PayPal is a done deal.

I could send a CPU to anyone on this site as I have done in the past and if they say they are going to send me $50.00 for it they do.
That's they way you do business. If they don't $50.00 won't kill me but it will finish them at Overclockers.

I've got to support this stance. Contractual obligation should mean something nowadays and I'm all for it.

Especially since I'm in the same boat.

P.S. That proof thing would be nice.

All paypal, not newegg's fault. They just advertised the deal since Paypal was going to pay for the kickbacks not them. That meant more business for newegg and it was completely paid for by Paypal. Paypal drops the deal, so it's their fault. You shouldn't be trying to hound newegg for the money, its not their fault and they aren't going to give you any.

i get where your comming from man but you musta said to your self when you got the email this morning just like i did... 20% off on everything where's the catch. sorta the saying its to good to be true... well it was :shrug::-/

i mean its sorta like ur getting ****ed cus you bought a hd that someone miss typed the price of 9.99 then only to have the place cancel the order and you complain.

Agreed. Lets just get off the consumer pedestal already.

As for Newegg reps knowing/not knowing, they themselves could have been late to be informed.

Back