• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got wrong tubing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

on jab-tech I ordered Tygon R-3400 7/16" ID 9/16" OD - UV Resistant black Tubing - AAE00032

it got backordered and I had to wait a month for it. They just sent me it and I think its the other R-3400 which is Tygon R-3400 1/2" ID 3/4" OD - UV Resistant black Tubing - AAE00038

will I still be ok? of course I will use clamps. but does it truly matter? or will I be ok. I have a full tower case so I wont be making too big of bends..

on jab-tech I ordered Tygon R-3400 7/16" ID 9/16" OD - UV Resistant black Tubing - AAE00032

it got backordered and I had to wait a month for it. They just sent me it and I think its the other R-3400 which is Tygon R-3400 1/2" ID 3/4" OD - UV Resistant black Tubing - AAE00038

will I still be ok? of course I will use clamps. but does it truly matter? or will I be ok. I have a full tower case so I wont be making too big of bends..
I very much doubt you will ever notice it. Are you sure you measured it right, that is really close to what it is supposed to be ;)

If it slips on those 1/2'' barbs like butter, than its 1/2'' ID. :p

You could probably get jab-tech to send you the right tubing for free if it is in fact not the tubing you ordered. Jab-tech has great cs, shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

If you don't mind a bit of extra bulk (which I don't), then the 1/2"ID will work perfectly. I prefer it to 7/16"ID as this size is a pain to me to install. Just make sure to use good clamps, which you should do no matter what size of tubing you use.

ok thanks. Yeah it slips on the barbs pretty easy so its probably 1/2''. I will keep it. It is worth more than I paid anyway :D

i paid $1.80 / foot

the 1/2'' is $3 / foot

Yeah jab has great cs

I buy tubes per box 50 ft at a time...

If they made that kinda mistake it would really cost em

With the 1/2" ID just use some hose clamps to make it nice and tight.

Also because the wall thickness of the tube is more you wont suffer from water loss though the tubes...

actually I think its the right tubing. It is so close that it is hard to tell anyways. lol

Back