• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Abit IP35 PRO crashed, new mobo FAST!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brint

Classic Senior Dude
Hi all, I need some help. My Abit IP35 pro gives me an memory read error when booting, post code C1 in the manual. I have tried switching the memory, but nothing helped. Before it died I got some memory errors in Windows as well, so I believe that the memory controller is fired. Now I need a new motherboard, but which one to chose? In the setup with the IP35 pro I used RAID 0 through the intel controller, and I would like to be able to boot into my old install of windows. But this just means that I have to buy a motherboard with the same raid controller...right?

Best regards René.

Thats a good board, exchange it and give it one more shot. Also try diff memory, what kind were you using?

Thats a good board, exchange it and give it one more shot. Also try diff memory, what kind were you using?

I am using 4x1GB G.skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ. I have tried every combination in every memory slot and nothing worked. I refuse to believe that 4 sticks of good memory died on me at once. The motherboard also gives the same C1 error, if there is no memory in it at all. So I don't think it is the ram, it has to be the mobo.

Hi again. I ordered the same board again, since I know how it works and in hopes of not loosing my raid setup.

why you don t just rma your board !!!

I will RMA the board, I just cant wait the 9-30 days for replacement. I need my computer for school and work.

Check the Voltage to the RAM, my Abit IP35 Pro had problems booting and I noticed the Memory Voltage was 1.8 Volts. My memory was OCZ XTC Gold DDR2 and it was rated suitable at 2.1V so I upped the setting to 2.0V and no problems since, Pime95'ed no problem and rock solid stable.

brint
when you get the board back do a deep cmos clear. then use just one stick boot up the machine then set the ram voltages first, reboot then set the rest. i had the same HZ's in my ip35 pro with no problems from the start. also make really sure that the dimm's get completely in. i noticed a few times that dimms were not sliding in all the way for some reason and i was using alot of force to push them in.

brint
when you get the board back do a deep cmos clear. then use just one stick boot up the machine then set the ram voltages first, reboot then set the rest. i had the same HZ's in my ip35 pro with no problems from the start. also make really sure that the dimm's get completely in. i noticed a few times that dimms were not sliding in all the way for some reason and i was using alot of force to push them in.

Hi Evil. When I get new board, I will do as you suggested. But at the moment it all depends on how much home work I have for tomorrow. Exams are due here in the end of December, and sleep has been de-prioritized the last cobble of days :sn:. I will keep the post alive and post some results when the new board is installed.

NOOOO!!!

I got the new motherboad today. Installed it and booted, same error!!!
Now there are two other options, either all 4 sticks of ram are dead, or the CPU has died. I believe/ hope that it is the CPU. If it is, I am getting a new E6750. One of my friends is getting some new ram and a new CPU tomorrow, I will try to but them into my system and see which part has failed.
This episode has yet been another example of how evil the world is right new :mad:.

Did you check the voltage ? I think the G-Skill is rated at 1.9 to 2.0 Volts, try 1.9 if it's not set to that in the BIOS

thats reall sucks brint... C1 = memory if it was the cpu you would get the sound of it booting but no video...

not to be mean but im placing my money on memory... use your friends new memory first with your cpu. :thup:

Did you check the voltage ? I think the G-Skill is rated at 1.9 to 2.0 Volts, try 1.9 if it's not set to that in the BIOS

thats not the case i had the same HZ's run just fine with 1.8v... then i had to change the timings then ram voltage to get them to there rated speeds.

thats reall sucks brint... C1 = memory if it was the cpu you would get the sound of it booting but no video...

not to be mean but im placing my money on memory... use your friends new memory first with your cpu. :thup:

thats not the case i had the same HZ's run just fine with 1.8v... then i had to change the timings then ram voltage to get them to there rated speeds.

Hi again. I find it hard to believe that 4 good sticks of memory could die at once. That is why I think it must be the CPU. Today I am trying my friends memory together with my own cpu, that should clear things. I also plan on trying all my 4 sticks in his system, just to be on the safe side.

well brint, im just saying here... that if the ddr2 sticks were incorrectly pulled from the system that could have killed them. by kill them i mean that they motherboard still had power to it when you pulled the ram out and put them back in. as they are still getting voltage to them even though the computer is not running. again im just saying, as long as you have been here i assume you knew about that with ddr2. just hope you dont take this post the wrong way. :) :beer:

I just finished solving this same C1 problem myself. Board or memory are prolly fine. You must boot the board with 1.8v DDR2-800 memory (667 will not/did not work for me). Boot with the 800 memory, then manually adjust the voltage to whatever is recommended for your RAM. After lots of searching and headscratching mine booted on the first try.

Final conclustion. Two of the memory moduels were dead and my old mobo is dead. The motherboad is sent to rma, and I am wating for gskill to reply my request for an rma.

that sucks brint, sorry to hear that... i was hoping it was just the ram, the HZ's use the D9 ic's that seem to be dieing off and on. i see your across the pond so i dunno how the rma work for gskill. in the usa though it was fast and painless, they sent replacements to me vai 2day fedex service.

Back