• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35-DS3R....I love it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

Gigabyte P35-DS3R....I love it *general GA-P35 thread*

Hey all!

EDIT: this seems to have turned into the P35(C)-DS3(R/L/P *and any others*) thread so please go ahead and talk about all of em.:D

I got my Gigabyte P35-DS3R in the post earlier today. Got it out this eve. Hooked it up and after about 25mins of tinkering i got this to boot into windows :D.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=274209

274209.png

I highly doubt that its stable and there is a very long way to go with the RAM timings (left on auto) but im very happy with the board seeing as iv come from an NF4 board that tops out at 330FSB lol.

Im too scared to stress test as its using a POS psu cos the one in my sig is being RMAed. I will stress test when it comes back. Wont rele be turning it on again til PSU comes back just in case.

Last edited:
i just got one too!! swapped my 965 S3 for it.. so far soo good.. but i dont have my watercooling on this yet since im testing a new setup to go on soon... but im at 400fsb - E6400 running at 3.2 on stock intel heatsink

Guess all that chip needed was a little P35 loving? get it new?

it certainly did :D

i got the board brand new off ebay....this guy bought it but didnt need it.
the chip was again off ebay but not new.....was never OCed tho.

i just got one too!! swapped my 965 S3 for it.. so far soo good.. but i dont have my watercooling on this yet since im testing a new setup to go on soon... but im at 400fsb - E6400 running at 3.2 on stock intel heatsink

niiiiice.....im in the process of building a WCing setup...hopefully should have all the parts by xmas. lets see if that 500FSB wall will come tumbling down.

The only part of the board I wasnt happy with was the way the northbridge cooler was connected, kinda loose and flimsy spring pins for such a large sink.

The only part of the board I wasnt happy with was the way the northbridge cooler was connected, kinda loose and flimsy spring pins for such a large sink.

yeah i was slightly concerned bout tht but it seems to be working ok. if all goes well ill be WCing it soon anyway.

was wondering what was the BEST BIOS for the DS3R ?

im not sure yet as i have only tested the one that comes with the board....when i get my PSU back from RMA i will test out the latest and see if i can get any getter OC's

was wondering what was the BEST BIOS for the DS3R ?

I heard that the F5 was best for the vdroop and HEAVY FSB OC'ing, options and general stabilities improve as you go higher... nothing has knocked me off my chair in 6, 7 or 8.

I have gone with the newer bios and not the high OC route.

I heard that the F5 was best for the vdroop and HEAVY FSB OC'ing, options and general stabilities improve as you go higher... nothing has knocked me off my chair in 6, 7 or 8.

I have gone with the newer bios and not the high OC route.

Interesting...ill be sure to try that one out.

Whats the highest fsb you can get? not necessarily stable.

Uh..

What is with the insane Rated FSB in this thread? anything past 1600Mhz/410Mhz FSB for me just craps my system out completey.
My northbridge is hot, very, and I've disabled everything I am not using through the BIOS. I am tempted to increase the MCM/FSB voltage to hit a higher FSB but since it's already running very hot right now, I really, really doubt the extra voltage is going to help any.

Also can anyone familiar with the BIOS explain this issue to me? It's annoying.

Last edited:
Back