• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hows this for cs?(OCZ)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxfly

one of my ocz memory coolers has a bad fan.it scrapes against the side of the fan housing.rather than rma it when i noticed it i just grabbed a new one.

i was going thru the junk box and noticed i still had it.i figured wth i may as well see if they will replace it.
so i shot them a rma request,explained that i just needed the fans and i would replace them myself.
this is what i recieved 2 DAYS later...

Add your return shipping address as a comment to this ticket and scream "OCZ Rocks!" as loud as you can. :) I'll send you a new XTC Cooler and some complementary OCZ goodies instead of having you worry about fixing the fan on your existing unit. -------------------------------------------------------Status changed by: Sean Sinha

note:this is sight unseen.never had to pick the phone up or even show them a copy of the reciept!
ive always had great cs with ocz but this is above and beyond imho.
big :thup: to OCZ!

thats friggin tight CS like that makes me all warm inside... haha :beer:
CS = Counter Strike? :eh?:

:confused:

I know your going to tell me and I will do a >.<

I'm retarded :rolleyes:

CS = customer service

I need to go to bed...sorry guys ;)

the cooler and t-shirt showed up yesterday morning :)
big thumbs up!

I'm all about good CS on computer components. They just fail far too often to just buy something and hope it works.

Abit has been great. AMD is amazing. BFG is great too (they screwed up and kept sending me the wrong card, but they apologized and paid all shipping charges and felt bad... I think this was an exception rather than the rule, and they worked with me all along). I'm such a loyal AMD customer now because they have shown me such great CS, even when I screwed up stuff. As a result, I tell everyone to buy AMD, my whole family has AMD (I basically decide what they buy, since they don't know much), and I haven't bought an Intel processor in 10 years. Good CS means a lot.

Chaintech and Asus both failed to return emails. They're on my bad list. Gigabyte is on my bad list for sending me products they knew were shoddy construction (exploding crapacitors) right before my warranty was up and sticking me with a 2nd defective board, and then refusing to do anything about it.

Crucial was good, although the replacement stuff they sent didn't work in my system either, and I have no clue why. Corsair worked perfectly, so after that, I started buying all Corsair. Haven't had to deal with Corsair CS... nothing Corsair I own has ever failed.

I still think the prize for worst CS in computing is PNY. They advertise a lifetime warranty on their products, which in the fine print is defined as, "the lifetime of the product on the market" or something like that. i.e. If you buy a video card and it's no longer made shortly after, it's not under warranty... yet they call this a lifetime warranty. The deception is what makes me so mad.

OCZ I think I went through OCZSean also, and got my memory sent in and then they forgot about me. I called after 2 weeks and they said they were were sorry about the delay and were going to overnight a 2GB kit of ram (I had sent in plat rev 2s) because of the delay, a week later I recieved my 1GB kit of plat rev 2s in the mail. Do not like being told one thing and then having something else happen. I will not bash them because they were going to upgrade me for free (which floored me when the guy said it), but I do not buy OCZ anymore.

Intel was insane to RMA through. (Back in December when my Quad died) What baffles me is why I had to dial long distance (tennesee phone number i think??) to speak to someone from India. I could not understand a word the guy was saying... and I usually do do not have a problem with an Indian accent.

Glad to hear that OCZ took care of the OP.

Last edited:
Companies need to realize that cheaping up on the CS is not going to save them any money in the long term. People get a strong emotional feeling about companies after dealing with an RMA, and the quality of service can really affect whether they go back to that company or try out its competitors.

Not to get OT, but how do you like that RAM cooler??? I just sent back the Corsair one I got because of how whiny it was...

ive also tried the corsair mem cooler and found it to be exactly that,whiny.it wasnt horribly loud or anything but with a wced rig or low dba rig its very noticable.i would definately recommend the ocz cooler.it truly is silent and it keeps my ballistix very cool.they have never been more than warm to the touch even while i overvolted them(2.4v-4x1gb).if they offered it with different colored leds and a non led version it would be near perfect imo.

Back