• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5b-mx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Presi

Is anyone been able to overclock with this mobo?

I've a Q6600 2.4Ghz G0 (supposedly can reach 3.2Ghz with no problem) and 2 Gbytes of GSKILL MEM (GSK F2-5300CL4S-2GBPQ R, notorious to reach high overclocking speeds...). My mobo, cpu and mem are very well cooled (idle cpu 28 c, mobo 28c) but still I can't pass 2.5 Ghz with out problems.
The PC over 2.7Ghz doesn't even bother to boot up. I've been able once to run it at 2.66 but the network controller didn't work anymore (wtf?).

I've tried several settings with no success.

So now I was wondering; does anyone had success overclocking this mobo?

If yes, can you guess what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Presi

:welcome: to the forums!!! :D:D

Is there an option in the bios to lock the PCI or PCI-E bus? Can you set the speed manually?

If you can set the PCI bus to 33.33mhz (or 33) and the PCI-E bus to 100.

Just looked the board up and it has the 946 chipset. I wasn't aware that chipset could even run a quad at all. I suspect that you won't be able to overclock it very much. Maybe another member with more experience can answer that.

Thank Thideras,

I can't set the PCI bus frequency but I can change the PCI-E value (which has been set to 100 already).

The p5b-mx was the only mobo that I found that could support the quad and that have a 1G network speed with a small form factor (mini-ATX). I'm working a project that require a very small mobo (max 9.6 x 8) since the case is very tiny.

Back