• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy ****, look what I found.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
These guys have been around for a long time. Suprised this wasn't common knowledge.

Good find though, people that don't know will now.

http://www.usplastic.com

These guys have everything you can think of that involves plastics...

Now I can go crazy with my water cooling setup...
Interstate Platics:
http://www.interstateplastics.com/

This stuff is MUCH cheaper from surplus stores, but also harder to find.
I just bought some Delrin (a nice blue color too) in 6"x12"x1" blocks for $2/lb, and 3" extruded Acrylic tube for $1.25.lb here:
http://jordanindustrial.zoovy.com/

Not to worry..it's all gone now! You really have to frequent these types of places, the good stuff comes and goes randomly.

Attachments

• Lathe Spinning.jpg
    Lathe Spinning.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 677
  • Seperator.jpg
    Seperator.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 688
  • REZ.jpg
    REZ.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:
heh, i think every person who's built a potato cannon
The best part of a potato cannon is when you fire it into a big tree trunk about 20 yards away. The looks on the faces of the people watching for the first time ... priceless!

The best part of a potato cannon is when you fire it into a big tree trunk about 20 yards away. The looks on the faces of the people watching for the first time ... priceless!

You can go the cheaper / easier route too.

Get a three person slingshot and load small potatoes in it. or ice cubes. or lemons. or 2oz portion cups with lid on it and full of water/mayo/mustard/ketchup. or tomatoes. or onions. or empty tape rolls.
Rotten potatoes are the best.
(Guess what I did one day at work)

Hay guise. Whats goin on in dis thrad?
monorailcat.jpg

hehe that cat looks ****ed!

usplastics is a great place to get hard to find gear.only problem is they charge me tax so it prices them right outta the ballpark :(

Also www.professionalplastics.com is a good resource. For plastic sheet, they're cheaper than US plastics usually and also will cut to size for free! The only catch is they have a $20 minimum per item and a $30 minimum order.

I've been pimping US plastics corps for years now :). Sign up for their newsletter. Every few months they include a coupon code for free shipping. Usually you just need to answer a 1 question 1 checkbox poll kind of like "what product do you like better? X or Y".

Mythbusters cant use AP ammo :D

I'd bet my main tower in my sig that 7.62 AP ammo can get through 1.25'' of the stuff.

Why use a DE 50 when you can use one of these:
m107-usarmy-image04.jpg

Just 20 yards? Wimpy....

snip_paint_01.jpg

Try 700 yards (though with golf balls).

Any way, on topic, USPlastics carries some good stuff, but they are a little pricey. They are about he only place that has quick connects suitable for out applications with water cooling though.

Back