• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doh, 10 bucks cheaper now...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mortis03

So I bought a case (along with everything I need for my new rig except a video card) from Newegg not even a week ago and now the case is listed as $10 cheaper then what I bought it for. Anyone know if newegg has any policy of price adjusting if the price lowers after you buy it. I think Circuit City used to have some policy like this. If they don't no big deal, it's only $10. Then again, I'm a poor college student, so that $10 means like 400 more packs of ramen noodles. :santa:

You could leave them an email if its within a reasonable amount of time. A week isnt IMO though.

Ok, that's what I was kinda wondering I guess: how long is a reasonable amount of time.

I did purchase it on Saterday (i think) so that's like half a week, hehe, but like I said, only 10 bucks. Prolly not even going to mess with it, but just depressing to see something randomly go down in price so close to when you bought it.

Ok, that's what I was kinda wondering I guess: how long is a reasonable amount of time.

I did purchase it on Saterday (i think) so that's like half a week, hehe, but like I said, only 10 bucks. Prolly not even going to mess with it, but just depressing to see something randomly go down in price so close to when you bought it.
Same day maybe but other than that never is it a reasonable amount of time IMO unless a company advertises such. Asking for that would be wrong IMO.

Newegg changes price on some things faster than it takes you to place an order. You may have a shot since they tend to change with the changing winds.

Same day maybe but other than that never is it a reasonable amount of time IMO unless a company advertises such. Asking for that would be wrong IMO.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm fairly (like 90%) sure circuit city used to do this for within a few months. I only remember because my parents bought our first computer from them and then went back to get the adjustment... but then again, it was back when pentium 100's were going for 2500 and CC was commission only.

Newegg chat reps are allowed to and will price adjust before the item is delivered. Once it's been delivered, on the delivery date or after, there's no set policy and is up to the rep and/or the supervisor.

Back