• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contact Newegg support regarding the recent Paypal fiasco

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Folks,

I was trying to get newegg to support our members who were screwed by paypal's offer. They have really stepped up to the plate and decided to help our guys.
Please pm your order info directly to Newegg Support.

It is refreshing to see a vendor trying to work with the enthusiast community through this mess. Good job Newegg! :thup:

Newegg Support said:
Super Nade said:
Hello,

Thank you for the response. Is there anything you can do to work with our members who purchased products based on that deal? As you probably know, newegg is the preferred shopping site enthusiasts from our forum, so it would be nice if you can work with our members to satisfy them.

There is a lot of discontentment among the community about this. I realize that from what you have said, it was paypal who screwed us over. Perhaps you guys can take the extra step to cement your position as a leader and supporter of the enthusiast community? :)

Thank you!

S-N

Newegg Support said:
Super Nade said:
Hi,

We would appreciate it if you can clarify the situation with paypal's cash back offer as give here-->
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=536754

Thank you!

Super Nade,
Forum Management.

Dear Customers,

We do apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately Pay Pal did end this promo because it was only while money last. In other words, they had an amount of money for this promo which was reached so they ended the promo. We truly apologize if this has been any inconvenience.

Thank you

Newegg Customer Support

Sure I can, we have went ahead and had a huge meeting about this issue and if those people who had any issues can PM me over there order info I myself will personally assist them:)

Thank you
:)

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and all thoes people in the vendor discussion were bitching at newegg over this and canceling their acounts ... :rolleyes:

newegg is the sh iz and you know it.

Very nice to see Newegg is still an amazing company- stepping up and "fixing" paypals problems.

I'm rather confident that I'll get my cashback as I was one of the early people. Regardless I'm thrilled to see that Newegg.com is taking the time to address this. Good job folks. I look forward to hear all about the stories of people coming away from this feeling better about the whole thing. :clap:

and all thoes people in the vendor discussion were bitching at newegg over this and canceling their acounts ... :rolleyes:

newegg is the sh iz and you know it.

I didn't cancel my account, I said if this issue wasn't rectified that I would.

Obviously patience pays, and newegg did what I thought it would.

I will remain a loyal customer because of this.

i am guessing that this is only for people who placed an order and not the people that lost out because they thought they had another day to purchase?

S-N,

Thanks for taking the time to pursue this.

Well, I'm probably screwed as I placed the order (right at $250), then cancelled it when I heard they were ending it.

But I'll give them a call anyways and see what happens. :)

Edit:

I did go back and make a purchase for just over $100, which was one of the items on the original order. Maybe they'll do something on that one? Can't hurt to try.

Last edited:
So, What would be accomplished if i pm newegg. Is the 20% off for everything newegg has? or only certain things. Cuz i was going to buy a monitor that day, but i delayed it cuz i didnt have my facts straight. So if this paypal deal was valid on my monitor i basically lost 50 bucks for stalling. am i out of luck or should send a pm too newegg?

So, What would be accomplished if i pm newegg. Is the 20% off for everything newegg has? or only certain things. Cuz i was going to buy a monitor that day, but i delayed it cuz i didnt have my facts straight. So if this paypal deal was valid on my monitor i basically lost 50 bucks for stalling. am i out of luck or should send a pm too newegg?
Did you order the monitor from NewEgg? If no, then you have no reason to ask for money, you didn't make a purchase ;)

Very nice Nate! Thanks a bunch.

I personally didn't order, but I know lots did.

Thats called a sorry about your bad luck that you waited too long. I've had it happen and its never any fun.

*EDIT* on a sidenote. I think newegg owes you nothing unless you were still told that your order qualified (if they told you the deal was still on thats your own fault because you waited 5 seconds too long to order) for the deal. I would be hounding Paypal not newegg.

Here is the deal folks, please don't try to scam the vendor just because they are trying to do the right thing. If you placed an order based on the original paypal deal and were left out to dry... contact Newegg Support.

If you had no clue about the paypal deal or placed an order before the deal was put in place, don't contact newegg about this, because the next time something messed up like this happens, they will be less inclined to help those who really need it, citing the reason that people are taking unfair advantage of them (which is perfectly valid).

So, by trying to be dodgy, you will be hurting others who are in genuine need of help. If you try to pull a scam and we get the wind of it, your days on this forum are numbered.

My first and ONLY Priority is to see that our members who were screwed by the idiots at paypal get a fair deal. Anybody trying to mess it up for the others better think long and hard before embarking on a twisted course of action.

Also, nobody is forcing you to shop at a particular store, so make your own thread in Vendor discussions if you wish to gripe about something. This thread is for those who need help. Off-topic posts will be deleted and repeat offenders will be forced to take a time-out. :rolleyes:

Back