• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35C chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mandy

Disabled
Hi,
While waiting for the Xeon Penrynns to arrive I picked up a cheap Gigabyte P35C mobo and it is great!!!! ... I always had problems overclocking my Quad via the FSB be it on 965/975 or 680i chipset, in fact to make life simple I only altered the multiplier (dual cores dont have the same problem) but with this little board I updated tp latest F2 Bios and simply changed the FSB to 333 and did not expect it to boot AND BE STABLE!! but it was and with no extra voltage and this is on air cooling

As for performance with the memory set to extreme, I benched with my chess benchmark (it is the only one that I need to know the results of) which calculates how many positions per second it can analyse and at a paltry 3.3Ghz it is scoring the same as when the chip was running at 3.7Ghz and not that far behind the 4Ghz+ scores ... I have junked the striker extreme etc for this board which I have no doubt will be improved upon soon enough but for now it is fantastic value for money

Regards

MANDY

Hi Mandy, and welcome to the forums...this thread should be in the LGA775 catagory, but I'm glad to hear that you like your gigabyte board...I like mine too, and I haven't up'ed the bios yet, and I'm running 3.g on air without any extra volts, or anything.
Like you, I just put it on "extreeme", and went into the bios, and up'ed the buss to 333, and it has been running great. I didn't turn off C1E (speetstep) or whatever it is in my bios. I have the ds3r with the ddr2 and ddr3 slots...when the ddr3 comes down in price, and up in performance, I will make the switch. Also like you I am very happy with this rig...I just hope it lasts a long time.

This needs to be moved to the 775 section....mods...if ur listenin

Back