• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8IKXW Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOE DIRT®

Hey Everyone this is my first post here so dont slap me too hard.

I just bought this Gigabyte GA-8IkXW to replace the Asus P4P800 that died...aarggghhh!!!...Anyways its running great with a pentium 3.2Ghz Prescott. I noticed on Gigabytes website there is a Bios update...three to be exact F4, F5 and F6. When I boot up the post says "8IKXW F6" So I assume that this board has been updated with the current Bios?

I also cant OC this board which is kind of a back step because it was purring great at 3.65Ghz on my Asus Board.

If anyone has any comments on this Board such as tips/tricks etc, Please comment. I havent tried out the Raid support on the board yet but the Pata and Sata ports are working great together. I currents have a WD raptor 150 on Sata 1 and a Seagate Barracuda 500 Gb on Sata 2 with DVD burners on the Pata ports.

Cheers, JOE DIRT®

-----------------------------------------------

FRACTALS AND CHAOS

Well, I thought I'd give it a shot unfortunately, I can find no info on that board.
Are you sure of that model number? Do you know what chipset is on that board?

Also welcome to the forums

It looks like this section is dying a slow death.

Back