• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R PCI-e !!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

night8jim

Right i have not been able to play games on my PC in sig since i got it :mad:,

i have just relised that the PCI- 16x slot is running at 1x, i have installed latest drivers from Intel for the chipset and have latest drivers for graphics card. Yet is still running at 1x

And there is no option in the BIOS to change this, the PCI freq is locked at 100

Any ideas, thx

Right i have not been able to play games on my PC in sig since i got it :mad:,

i have just relised that the PCI- 16x slot is running at 1x, i have installed latest drivers from Intel for the chipset and have latest drivers for graphics card. Yet is still running at 1x

And there is no option in the BIOS to change this, the PCI freq is locked at 100

Any ideas, thx

any1?-

Is it in the "grafics booster" part of the cmos? when you get into the cmos program hold the ctrl key and hit F1..this will show some hidden features in the "MB Inteligent tweeker" section...not sure if the x1/x16 setting is there or not...I don't have any of the latest games yet..newest one I have is chaos theory...so I haven't needed anything better than x1, of course I don't even know what mine is running at, or where to look.
I been out of the loop for some time, and am just catching up.
Hope this helps,
Rod

doc is on the right track but what ya have it right. once you set your pcie speed to 101 or higher it will/should go to 16x for the graphics card.

doc is on the right track but what ya have it right. once you set your pcie speed to 101 or higher it will/should go to 16x for the graphics card.

Thx guys for the help, basically tried to unlock hidden things all i get is memory timings, also my PCI freq has been put at 100, 101, 101 yet no luck with that thing moving up :s

Iv got the same board but without the "C", so no DDR3.
From what i can remember there is a graphics boost thing which is quite strange....maybe try turning that off or to different settings.

Updating the BIOS maybe?

My roommate has the L version, im pretty sure they have the same BIOS settings. I'll check on it when he gets back if you havent figured it out yet.

Updating the BIOS maybe?

My roommate has the L version, im pretty sure they have the same BIOS settings. I'll check on it when he gets back if you havent figured it out yet.

Right i will disable that grpahics booster, i have the lastest BIOS i thinkit F8? thx guys again,

Right i will disable that grpahics booster, i have the lastest BIOS i thinkit F8? thx guys again,

Yeah was running F8 and no luck, just gone down to F6 and still no luck, have tried nearly every setting, took off my OC, reset the BIOS, i really stuck, anyone got any other otions?

No one got any ideas? could this just be vista being rubbish!!
Yes, this is a known problem with all the Gigabyte P35 boards...and it can be fixed (most of the time) by changing BIOS settings....specifically the PCIe, FSB, and MCH voltages.

I posted some stuff over at XS about how I dealt with the problem, check my post here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2564480&postcount=1607
and my thread here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166530

Basically, I found that having my PCIe, FSB, & MCH voltages too low, and I could not OC...but too high, and the bug appeared.

Yes, this is a known problem with all the Gigabyte P35 boards...and it can be fixed (most of the time) by changing BIOS settings....specifically the PCIe, FSB, and MCH voltages.

I posted some stuff over at XS about how I dealt with the problem, check my post here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2564480&postcount=1607
and my thread here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166530

Basically, I found that having my PCIe, FSB, & MCH voltages too low, and I could not OC...but too high, and the bug appeared.

Awsome cheers mate, basically i dunno whats going on but i cannot overclock at all, even on stock i get the bug, and my PC never turns on with out resetting its bios lol or just making a really loud beeping sound, :s, and i have tried most bios, hmm will try again now, may just gety a new board :s

TYhanks

hmm i have a problem where sometimes my system doesnt boot unless you reset the bios... sucks.. maybe it is the board. i tried f4, f5, f8, and f9 bios

tempted to go back to my 965 s3, just too lazy to tear my system apart since i just got the ds3r this weekend

Yeah this board was awsome and then one day just stopped working,im thinking of dropping down to a dualcore, basically my old system, this is doing my head in :mad:

Back