• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some New Blood On The Testbed :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Thanks to Wes and Rick for getting this Aqua Computer Double Impact block to me for testing! This thing is a work of art, AC really knows how to make things with the utmost precision. Nicely engineered as well, the concept is sound but wow is this sucker restrictive! No runs yet, I just got it mounted and I might get one run in today... the bummer is I think I have to do 10 mounts with this block :( I don't know if you remember THIS but the apogee which is also a side to side block, does better one orientation than the other :/ Maybe I'll do 3 one way, then 3 the other way then, whichever is best, do the last 2 mounts that way. Anyhow, here are some pics of her in action.

acdi1.jpg

acdi2.jpg

acdi3.jpg

Ooooo pretty...

I see its made in Germany. Could this be the "Audi" of water blocks?

i remember seeing this block a while ago, i love the looks, but its hard to find (Canada) and pricey. get those results out though, i wonder how it compares to the GTX and Fuzion...

That is some piece of engineering. I hope the performance is as good as it's looks.

Am I right in assuming that the acrylic top tinted blue?

That is some piece of engineering. I hope the performance is as good as it's looks.

Am I right in assuming that the acrylic top tinted blue?
Yes it is blue, I think the blue acrylic top designates G1/4" threads, not positive though... my first test run is done, she is a performer for sure! More to do.

Oooooh pretty.

Thanks for linking that Apogee GT mounting position, I wanted to make sure about my mount but, luckily I did it right first time :)

That is a pretty funky looking block. But ouch, $105 (at Sharka). I seriously doubt it performs THAT good. I need to keep my eyes open though as I am going to Germany next spring.

Courtesy of Rickcain over at XS:

100_1308.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1305.jpg

100_1304.jpg

Look's extremely restrictive.

I am really interested in this block now. The double jet/pin design looks great, but will the cooling ability outweigh the extreme restrictiveness of the block?

Subscribed :thup:

All good questions. My first run, which I am discarding, was VERY good. The reason I am discarding it is because the ambient temps at the time of testing were about 5C cooler than most of the other tests I've done. I use the water temp to die temp delta so in theory it should not matter what ambient temps are, but I have a feeling that compression of the temps may play a role once I get to the ~28+C ambient range. Ambients at the time of the first run of this DI were only 23-24C. That one run however (take this with a grain of salt) bested a bowed Apogee GT (not GTX) and a stock fuzion (no nozzles). This is all coming from a FLAT block, which I never thought would outperform a bowed or stepped block. Again, this test is NOT being used due to the low ambients and it's potential effect on the outcome.

that thing is really nice looking for sure i have to say. what is the middle plate made of though? that might be a deal breaker if there ever was one.
of course, that block would definatly get oohs and ahs if you still have a side-window.

you should post your results anyway. 5c ambient isnt really a big deal.

Back