• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Real OC adventure, need helps please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3volutionIII

This will be my first computer build with the intend of OCing. By no means is it my first build, I usually just buy high end and leave it alone. This time around I am not blowing $2000 just to replace a year later. Anyways I kinda know what I want, but have no idea which vendors and prodects to use. I have previously used Asus exclusively, but Asus does not seem to be the end all of OCing. Also, this will be my first Intel since PII. Anyways some info for you guys....

-want to use an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe for the CPU
-will be using Windows XP Pro
-want to use RAM higher than 800Mhz
-want to be able to OC the RAM
-not sure what RAM to use
-want a OC friendly board
-will be used primarly for gaming
-price would be up to $250ish
-will be using a Nvidia 8800GT for a video card (x-mas bonus)

So any info you guys could help me out with would be great and if you need any info I'll try to respond asap. Thank you for any help.

-Dana

Did you mean 250ish for everything?

i think he means on the motherboard

if your going single card, which is what it looks like i would grab any of the new abit p35 or x38 chipsets, also look at the gigabyte boards too.

if you going sli then the 680i is the way to go.

i would list actual motherboards but i am not looking for one at the moment, i just know that those chipsets are the best as of yet.

i think he means on the motherboard

if your going single card, which is what it looks like i would grab any of the new abit p35 or x38 chipsets, also look at the gigabyte boards too.

if you going sli then the 680i is the way to go.

i would list actual motherboards but i am not looking for one at the moment, i just know that those chipsets are the best as of yet.

Thank you for the info so far. Are there any 680i boards that currently support 8500? I didn't think I saw any o_O

Thank you for the info so far. Are there any 680i boards that currently support 8500? I didn't think I saw any o_O

they will support the new 45nm duo cores but not quads, which sucks, but ohwell. i will be going to the new 7xx though once it comes out.

8500 what?

Try to be a lil specific next time. Alot of these computer parts have similarities in names especially the numbers. :)

To answer your question, the 680i boards may not say that it supports it on the box or specs but i'm sure you're not going to have any problem running them.

Back