• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whatever happened to G35?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Old Thrashbarg

I recall hearing that it was supposed to be coming out in Q3 2007, but I haven't seen any boards based on it, nor can I find any information about it except for months-old rumors and timetables. Did Intel just quietly drop it, or what?

I'm needing a new motherboard now and I've decided integrated graphics are my best option for the time being, so I liked the prospect of the updated core that was supposed to be in G35. (GMA X3500, I think it was called...) But, if it's not coming, I may as well just go for one of the existing G965 or G33 boards.

So... whats the word? Anybody know?

(And I have seen the Q35, but that one appears to be using the older IGP core akin to the G33, so I dunno where it fits into the equation...)

well it could be they dropped it if they were having issues with the video portion they were tring to implement.

Q35 i havent seem any testing really of ocing or what not but then i havent looked. if your looking for a basic rig though either Q35 or G33 is a good fit.

why is it your looking/waiting for G35?

why is it your looking/waiting for G35?

Not any major reason, just that the graphics core was supposed to be a bit better, with a couple more shader processors (10 instead of 8, from what I initially heard about it) and supposedly better video decode acceleration.

I'm not really waiting for it, anyway. My need for a new motherboard only came up this week. I mainly asked because I didn't want to buy a G33 or G965 board now, and then have G35 come out two weeks from now. (It is really annoying when stuff like that happens, no matter how minor the update. ;) )

I didn't want to buy a G33 or G965 board now, and then have G35 come out two weeks from now.

Hm... well... Funny how I said that. Asus P5E-V HDMI, based on the G35, supports Crossfire, and apparently due out in 2 weeks or so, from what I can find. :drool:

Thanks anyway for the link on that EVGA...

hmm well for somereason i though i read G35 was matx not atx. o well.....

Back