• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboards these days!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

astroman305

Well.. long story short.. a few months ago, I bought a combo deal at Frys. It was an E6750 + ECS G33 board for ~250.. Wasn't a bad deal seeing is how they were selling the board for $30. :) So, I though to myself, get a new board, and overclock the 6750 just like everyone else!! E6750, to 3.0 Ghz on stock cooling!!! OK!! :clap:

So, my parts were: E6750, 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 800mhz RAM, 7600GS, 2-300 GB HD's, and a new Sata Pioneer DVD.

Well.. I went back to Frys, and got an Azus board.. (I forget the models.. its been awhile) Pluged in the ram, and video card, and got windows installed.. After getting things finalized / installed.. random crashs, and restarts..

Took it back after reading comments on the web..

Got an Gigabyte board.. Same problem, (random crashed / restarts), same problems on the web.

Third try.. MSI.. THIRD MISTAKE.. OK FINE!! :bang head

Back to ECS, and everything is working perfectly, just no overclocking.. BTW.. I never ONCE overclocked those boards.. I didn't have the chance! :mad:

So.. what's going on guys?? Why can't I find a good stable, reliable MB that I can overclock my CPU with?? OR even run STEADY with the CPU/RAM combo?? Everytime I find one one newegg, or somewhere else, there all sketchy!!

Sigh! :p

Last edited:
Better not be a curse!! I'm missing out on a great overclockable CPU! :p

Oh yeah.. It's a Thermaltake W0093RU, 500w.

I don't know what curse you have... but don't touch me. ^^

Thats funny! :D

I highly doubt that its his PSU, if its broken it shouldnt work on all of them. Are you setting the ram voltages right with the other boards? That could just be it. Obviously your other parts work just fine.

Last edited:
I hope not!!

Funny.. why does the ECS work so well?? Less picky?? :)

Also funny: Why sometimes cheap stuff works. :p

i guess so. tis kinda funny but annoying when tht happens.

Were you running the RAM at the right voltage?

i guess so. tis kinda funny but annoying when tht happens.

Were you running the RAM at the right voltage?

Yeah... everything was set properly, but nothing to my luck... Maybe it was just the wierd combo of my stuff.. who knows..

Maybe it was the RAM + CPU.. RAM is getting cheap.. so maybe I'll try again soon. :)

Back