• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a new motherboard soon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Femto

I am in the need for a new motherboard, and will buy within 2 weeks. I was looking at several different boards around the $100 range on newegg and have come up with 4 different ones.

- DFI Infinity P35 'Blood-Iron'
- DFI Infinity P965-S 'Dark'
- Gigabyte P35 DS3L
- Gigabyte P35 DS3R

Now, I've read a few reviews on all of these and they all seem pretty good, but I just can't narrow it down. I'll be overclocking an e4300 or an e6300, but I don't want to spend countless hours in the BIOS trying to solve some ridiculous puzzle about why some dumb little setting won't let me get the moderate clock I want.

Also, I don't need all sorts of fancy gadgets or features, just something reliable that doesn't have any damn, stupid retarded issues that I keep hearing about. The only dependencies I have are RAID 0, a pci slot for my sound card, a pcie slot for my 8800gts, a couple of USB ports and maybe an eSATA, though it's not really important.

In a nutshell: reliable, sturdy, around a hundred bucks, and clocks well enough.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm open to them.

Thanks.

Last edited:
i would go with any p35 board either dfi or gigabyte will be fine go with which ever is close to ur budget

i would go with any p35 board either dfi or gigabyte will be fine go with which ever is close to ur budget

All of them are very close to my budget (within 10 to 15 dollars) but I guess I will take a closer look at their features and layouts, and maybe dig a little deeper into the reviews.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

Ggiabyte DS3R for the win man! P35 chispet all the way :D

I was reading up on the DS3R, and according to reviews and some personal experience it kicks *** and fits the profile I am looking for. It isn't too far out of my price range, but I can afford it, just spending more on the comp stuff than normal, but that is what always happens, lol.

Back