• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fong Kai Fk-320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HugoHenry

Disabled
Fong Kai Fk-320 or Lan-Li?

Anyone got this case,Fong Kai, or know how well it cools? Thinking about getting this one or a Lang-Li. Saw some reviews and this case is the 2nd best cooler next to the Coolmaster for 250$ the Fong Kai only cost 90. Someone give me some ideas.
I know the Fang Kai was designed for Dual Xeons with the new IBM 12000 rpm HD so it should keep dual 7200 on Raid with a 2000XP cool.
See it Here
Ned some Ideas here

Last edited:
IMHO, it cools better than my new Lian Li PC-12 aluminum case, with less fans, cfms, and noise. It is about a third taller than the Lian Li case, side panels are not that easy to put on and take off. But there sure is a lot of room inside.

earthdick said:
IMHO, it cools better than my new Lian Li PC-12 aluminum case, with less fans, cfms, and noise. It is about a third taller than the Lian Li case, side panels are not that easy to put on and take off. But there sure is a lot of room inside.

Yea, but it's ugly as a retarded, deformed pitbull.

It doesn't look that bad, and with the soyo with its black and purple busses it would be a good combo. throw some rounded black and blue cable in with a plex window, it could win a beauty contest.....maybe. The front cover is pretty dumb and I heard it is hard to open which is good since I have a little girl with wandering hands.
Its suppose to be tought to open, cause it is suppose to be truly air tight.
But the main thing is would you recommend it for this sytem:
AMD 2200XP
512 MB PC2700
Gainward Ti550
Dual IBM 15GB 7200RPM HD on Raid
Maxtor 40GB HD
Soyo SY-K7V Dragon Plus

And how does that vent over the CPU work. WOuldn't that counter act the HSF by pulling the cool air HSF is trying to get?

I just read some review on the lang-li PC-65usb i believe it was. It look pretty good but for 165$ for a case is kinda expensive. I don't know if a comp case is worth that. I do like the slide out MOBO tray though, but no comlaints about having to get into the cases without the tray.

Just got that Lian-Li PC65 in the mail today...it is awesome!!! Lowered case temps and it looks great. Plus, comes with a window, 3 fans, 2 intake 1 exhaste, and 4 USB ports in the front. Truely worth the $165 for it!!!

HugoHenry said:
But the main thing is would you recommend it for this sytem:
AMD 2200XP
512 MB PC2700
Gainward Ti550
Dual IBM 15GB 7200RPM HD on Raid
Maxtor 40GB HD
Soyo SY-K7V Dragon Plus

And how does that vent over the CPU work. WOuldn't that counter act the HSF by pulling the cool air HSF is trying to get?

Yes, it has plenty of room inside for your system. The vent over the cpu you can use or leave off. It depends on which way you orient the fan at the back of the case. I had it blowing on my cpu with air from the back. If your hsf sucks then have the fan exhaust the air from the back. It is massive and it weighs 30lbs. It is air tight because you really have to work on those side panels to get them on and off. Your little girl would never be able to get them off. I would recommend putting on an air filter wherever you have the intake fan. It will collect plenty of dust.
Happy Holidays!

Im going with the MCX462 so I think it will do plenty for it. WIll the exhaust duct fit over the cpu it looks like it is kinda closer to the one edge and may not reach to the socket. Oh well I am definitly going with this case. To many good review on it and I can't see dishing out 165 for a case.
Thanks for the replys

Happy Holidays.

I believe the duct sat about two inches maybe less above the cpu. Let me get the case out of the garage and measure it for you. I'll post back in a few, have to run those errands.:eek:

Yes I was going to do the filter. My PSU has a dual exhaust fan, and i was going to put a Ystech 120mm fan on the front, so I will probably put the rear fan as intake also to keep the CPU as cool as possible. I have heard to many bad things about the AMD chips running hot, and I plan to OC it. I think I will like the case, many good reviews.

I just measured the duct and the bottom of it sits 3 1/4" from the bottom of the case. I had a Glaciator on my Athlon and the duct didn't interfere with the hsf at all. Since it's hollow inside as long as the hsf isn't too tall you shouldn't have a problem. AMD chips do run hot, mine runs up to 48C load when the ambient temp goes up. I have a 1.2 o'c to 1.33, with a Glaciator hsf.

Thanks. Did the duct help out any. If you make it suck cool air in it should aid in cooling the HS. I had the MCX370 on dual 1ghz and in extreme burnins running 3dmark2001 for 2 hours i could touch the HS and it was cold. SO hopefully the MCX462 is just as good seeing it has a copper base on it.
Getting anxious to build it now, got 2 more weeks before I can order my parts and start my building. Hope everything goes well.

I love my lian li case.. i have the usb-60 cools great looks great and it's a few pounds lighter than conventional steel cases..As for the soyo dragon i have had my system up for about 3 weeks now and no problems with it. My machine appears to be fairly similiar to what your wanting to build check it out it's in the sig at the bottom. I had to mod my alpha 8045 a little to clear one capacitor next to the slot, but no biggie.. I don't know what your planning on running for heatsink and fan but just something to keep in mind. The alpha is the best cooling out right now for heatsink fan combo's.. if you want more go H2o but this setup does all i need.

HugoHenry said:
Thanks. Did the duct help out any. If you make it suck cool air in it should aid in cooling the HS. I had the MCX370 on dual 1ghz and in extreme burnins running 3dmark2001 for 2 hours i could touch the HS and it was cold. SO hopefully the MCX462 is just as good seeing it has a copper base on it.
Getting anxious to build it now, got 2 more weeks before I can order my parts and start my building. Hope everything goes well.

I think the duct helped with the temps a great deal. I was getting cooler temps with the FK-320 than with my present Lian Li PC-12. I have much higher cfm's in the Lian Li than in the Fong Kai case. Are you going to have any exhaust in the case at all? I had the 120mm in the front sucking in air and the 92mm in the duct sucking out the hot air.
I know that there are experts in the cooling forum that know a great deal about air flow. They seem to think that positive air pressure is better for cooling (and less dust in your system). Also check your MCX370 to see if it sucks or blows on the heatsink. If it sucks hot air then the duct would better serve you sucking out the hot air. If it blows cool air on the heat sink then the duct would be better blowing cool air in.
You may want to mod the case to have a fan on the top panel blowing air out to get rid of the hot air. The FK-320 has a molded plastic top on the steel case so you may have to drill two holes to put in an exhaust fan in the top panel. LMK, if you need any more info on the FK-320, I'll drag it out of the garage again and give you more specs. If you plan everything out before putting together your system everything will be fine.
Cheers.

yes I ill have an exhaust fan. My PSU has 2 fans on itfor that purpose.

As for cooling theCPU. I don't believe the alpha is he best cooler on the market. The Swiftech MCX462 is the best cooler on the market says the bench marks on this site and others. And that is the HSF I am going with. But thanks or the help anyway.

the alpha is a good non H2O solution... I didn't wanna go water but the setup looks good..

Back