• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35 Pro , network cable not plugged in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Syndicate

This might not be the board but im going to check here incase its a easy fix. Had just gotten done building my PC .. No problems besides the ANTEC 900 came with the largest fan "dead" and wire management is horrible.

Anyway , drivers installed everything working , network cable plugged in im getting a green light , and was getting a few yellow blinks . unfortunately im getting "network cable is not plugged in" in the system tray. ( router is a linksys
g ) shows cable is plugged in which ever port ( 1-4) i decide to plug it into ..

Im sure its a simple problem but my other computer worked fine , I had plugged it in and was ready to go . now this one no go . ( its funny it detects when i disconnect the cable )

Thanks fellas.

says its connected through ipconfig too..

"local area"
says "media disconnected" whatever that means

"local area 2" resolves to my ip perfectly

Well you know that board comes with two network adapters?

You can disable one in the bios or in the windows network connections.

If thats what the problem is, hard to say as I'm not sure from your post if you have connectivity.

says its connected through ipconfig too..

"local area"
says "media disconnected" whatever that means

"local area 2" resolves to my ip perfectly

media disconnected means you dont have a cable plugged into that port or the cable could be bad. Here is where I get confused it sounds like the second adapter is connected to your router and you get an IP just fine. If you're not going to use the other port, disable it.

media disconnected means you dont have a cable plugged into that port or the cable could be bad. Here is where I get confused it sounds like the second adapter is connected to your router and you get an IP just fine. If you're not going to use the other port, disable it.

Yeah I just needed to disable one of them , works fine. oddly before I did it and i couldnt get connection.

probably because after installing gentoo then xp my brain was starting to crap on me heh.

( the war of the worlds dudes in crysis are scary )

Back