• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tube Cutter Preference Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tube Cutter Preference

• Loose Razor Blade

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Handheld Razor Cutter

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Ratcheting Razor Cutter

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Kitchen Knife

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Scissors

Votes: 64 42.1%
  • Pocket Knife

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Teeth :)

Votes: 12 7.9%

• Total voters
I've got a pair of Cutco shears that cut just about anything. Forget using a razor blade knife- I would chop myself using that.

Scissors, usually blunt paper ones. Although I've found sharp kitchen scissors work very well for getting a clean cut.

Good idea for a poll, I was wondering what most people use.

I use a loose razor blade. I've found it is the only way to get a clean cut. Maybe I need to try scissors again though, seems like people are having good luck with them.

I've been using a sharp loose razor blade for years. I would bend the tubing and cut at the loop. The pressure would slice it wide open and it makes a decently clean cut.

the small brush cutters? yeah those work pretty great for cutting tubing really. i liked those alot more than Scissors. the branch cutter has a smoother cut overall.
I'm pretty sure he meant the huge ones you use to cut tree branches :beer:

Spyderco pocket knife here :). Be sure to use a good quality pocket knife. You'll just end up fighting yourself with a cheap one and should use scissors instead ;). Same goes for a dull kitchen knife. Small serrations will make even quicker work of the tubing than a plain edge will.

I always used a box cutter razor with a new blade.

I never thought about a small pruning shear, it would probably work good though. Also Weiss tin snips can make a good clean cut too.

razor blade, either in a holder or loose, (haven't cut it for my w/c setup as i don't have one, yet, but i have cut tubing before :)

I use my work knife and since I'm a cook I got very well maintained knifes(got 6 stones to sharpen then and spend about an hour per knife every week).

Back