• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GREAT EXPERIENCE with Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moto7451

Senior Something
Newegg has been catching a lot of flack these days and someone in another thread (the one where paypal screwed up, per usual) said "It hasn't looked like a good few months for newegg" and someone else replied "if everyone posted their good experiences with newegg the forum would overflow."

So I'm adding a couple drops the bucket to try the overflow the forum ;).

So here's what happened.

First thing that happened was I bought an Abit IP35-E motherboard for a customer of mine to put into a PC I was building for him. Came in DOE, crap. Put the RMA in, sent it to newegg, got it back in 1 day. Yay newegg! I got a brand new board (not a referb or anything) that included all the cables, stickers, etc.

I delivered the PC, worked great for a couple days, but then the DVD burner died. The customer mounted the PC sideways, and even though the drive has the little tabs to hold the disc in place when the computer is on it's side, the disc fell off the hub and killed the drive. I replaced his drive with a Sony drive and life is now good.

I went to RMA the drive, got the RMA number, but then sent it in after two weeks.... gets there after the RMA number expires but newegg did their homework and never even contacted me. I got the RMA confirmation emails this morning :).

Very satisfied with their customer service as always.

I've had to return many items and RMA quite a few. All went very smooth.

I will def shop there again ;)

I have always had good results with RMA'ing and Newegg.

There will always be some people who dont have the result they want and even fewer who get bad service. It happens sometimes but that shouldnt bring down the company as a whole IMO.

Aside from the fact that my RMA with newegg has taken forever they've been good. Ordered initally on nov. 14th, got it the 20th, sent it back for RMA the 21'st, and it's still on "step 1" :(. At this rate it will be a month from my inital order to when i am able to get the correct product :/. Just wish they would cross ship with a credit card number as colateral or something...

Aside from the fact that my RMA with newegg has taken forever they've been good. Ordered initally on nov. 14th, got it the 20th, sent it back for RMA the 21'st, and it's still on "step 1" :(. At this rate it will be a month from my inital order to when i am able to get the correct product :/. Just wish they would cross ship with a credit card number as colateral or something...

I ALWAYS recommend doing any of your communications with Newegg by phone. RMAs included. I have never had a problem this way. Try calling them on your current unit and find out. Good luck.

All of my experiences with Newegg have been exceptionally good, even when one of my first couple of orders back in 2001 they sent me the wrong video card altogether. I called them and they were very apologetic, shipped the correct one out right away and with priority overnight shipping paid by them. Further experiences with them have all been good as well. Based on my experiences with Newegg, it would take some pretty dastardly behavior on their part to get me to change to anyone else as my main source of online computer parts.

Yea, wish they would cross ship, but they do give you the option to buy another of the same product then get the refund on the RMA one when they get it. Thats what I do if I need it fast.

Yep Newegg is great. Just today a Zalman fan came in all busted. Got on the online chat and within minutes I had a free replacement coming to me, no questions asked. I love Newegg! :)

I ALWAYS recommend doing any of your communications with Newegg by phone. RMAs included. I have never had a problem this way. Try calling them on your current unit and find out. Good luck.

All of my experiences with Newegg have been exceptionally good, even when one of my first couple of orders back in 2001 they sent me the wrong video card altogether. I called them and they were very apologetic, shipped the correct one out right away and with priority overnight shipping paid by them. Further experiences with them have all been good as well. Based on my experiences with Newegg, it would take some pretty dastardly behavior on their part to get me to change to anyone else as my main source of online computer parts.

Yea, wish they would cross ship, but they do give you the option to buy another of the same product then get the refund on the RMA one when they get it. Thats what I do if I need it fast.
I have called by phone each time, once to get the inital RMA, again today to check on why it's taking so long. I didn't realize it would take so long to simply send the replacement drive when they got the original one. Supposed to be "upgraded" shipping on the return trip though, so we shall see.

It's not newegg's fault the wrong drive was shipped (mis-label by Seagate), but the time length this has taken to resolve hasn't been the best which is something they have some pull on.

Yeah, that's pretty annoying. I wonder if the mislabeling has thrown newegg's RMA staff through a loop perhaps. Sounds also like your shipping times got hit by weekends and thanksgiving. A package I ordered from another site took 8 days through UPS because of thanksgiving as well as (for some reason) trucking the package in from 100 miles away. I live 15 minutes from the airport they fly their packages into and about 15 minutes away from where they process the packages and ship them out to people's homes. Pretty weird.

Back