• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Striker extreme overclocking and restart issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gtechie

Registered
Striker extreme overclocking advice with my setup

First, here's the setup
Asus Striker Extreme 680i
Intel 6850 cpu w/ Asetek Low Cost Liquid Cooler
3x 8800 Ultras SLI
2x1gb Corsair Dominators
2x150gb raptors (raid 0)
NZXT 1200W PS

My main issue is that when I start to mess with the voltages, save & exit bios, it doesn't restart. The monitor shuts off and never turns back on. I can hit the restart button and it'll turn on just fine and I didn't have to clear cmos.

From a clean start (cmos clearing or load defaults), I up'd multiplier to 10x. Up'd fsb to 1400. Set ram timings 5-5-5-15-2t. Set fsb/ram to a 3/2 divider. At this point, I can 'save & exit' bios and it'll restart just fine and go back into bios. (I haven't even installed the OS yet)

My problem starts when I try to set any voltages. Even if I just up memory voltage to 2.2v as what's noted for the Dominator series, my pc won't do a reboot, unless I power down completely and start up again or press the restart button.

If I go back into bios and reset all the voltages to auto, the reboot issue sticks around still unless I 'load defaults' and then it's fine again.

Any ideas on overclocking this guy?

Last edited:
I'm already using the latest one.

But, I actually figured it out. It was the fsb/ram speed and divider. The whole setup is very sensitive and I'm basically having issues overclocking the fsb without running into this issue.

I've tried running it unlinked and setting the fsb and ram speed separately but I run into blue screens, Vista boot hangs, etc.

For it to be stable right now, I have to keep it at 1333fsb with a 3/2 divider.

Any of you have advice on further overclocking this mobo/cpu? I want to get this stable before I start oc'ing the gpu's.

Back