• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dying D975XBX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richie P

Hey guys, long time browser needs a little help please :)

My trusty 'Bad Axe' seems to be acting up a bit.

After soldering the OC Debug mod, I've been running [email protected] for 3.6Ghz and DDR800@[email protected], MCH@Max volts and FSB@Max volts for 9 Months. Before that, 3 months at 3.1Ghz at mostly stock voltages.

Problem is, since I installed my WC loop, now my cpu vcore won't budge from stock. Everything else works, vFSB, vMCH, vDDR and even overclocking, but consequently I'm stuck at 3.2Ghz because of the 1.325v limit.

Have I started to kill my BX? Anyone had this before and find a way to fix it?

Failing that...start suggesting some new boards for me :D Asus P5K seems to have my name on it ;)

Whats your PSU? From the way you described it the only thing that I can think of is that your psu can't handle the extra load. Not sure tho.

Whats your PSU? From the way you described it the only thing that I can think of is that your psu can't handle the extra load. Not sure tho.

PSU in sig.

Ultra X-Pro 600w. Not a budget unit at all and has been fine for over a year now. I can guarantee it's not the PSU as I've a TruePower Quattro 1kW that I've also used and no change there.

New mobo suggestions?

Back