• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build time - whatcha all think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jas

My old case is starting to fall apart, the move over the summer damaged the mouting brackets for one of the radiators, and the front bezel got messed up.

Sooooo... No time like the present to do a new build.

I've had a '77 Bonny HC that I've modded, and primed for use that's been sitting around for over a year and a half without a home, so it's about time the darn thing got put to use.

With that In mind, I did some checking around, and The TT Armor case looks like it will support my idea nicely.

So, here's the plan.

Duel Rad setup, (similar to current setup). Mount Bonny core bottom front of the case, mount shrouded/modded Bix to upper rear 120mm fan mount.

Blocks:apogee, Maze 4 GPU + MCW Ramcool, MCW30 chipset,
Pump, Good ole D4 (I refuse to replace this pump till it dies!)

The last build used a res, this time around I'm thinking of going back to a T line.

New additions to the WC will be the MCW30, and the MCW Ramcool.

I've hit some thermal issues with my NB (MSI P6N Nvidia nforce 650i). The passive cooler just isn't getting it done, I've had to scale my OC back to 3ghz because the NB has been getting too damn hot. I aimagine the problem would only be worse in a larger case where less airflow would get to the NB HS. So, lets Wc the *******.

With the thought of a loss of airflow over some key areas, I also had to address the possibility that the GPUs ram would be getting a wee bit too warm, so, lets WC them too.

Well, I'm about to order the case, additional blocks, and more tubbing. So give me a week or two and I'll post some pics along with a build summary.

Oh one last thing, mainly for any of you TT armor owners out there, any heads up yo may have as far as airflow deadspots? suggestions for making sure the system ram gets good air flow?

Oh yeah,

Anyone used/using the DTEK FX dyes?

I've been running with green dyes for like 4 years now, and I thought I'd try something new, I ordered some of the DTEK Blue dye, just curious if anyone has used, and what their impressions are.

Back