• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking quad core on EVGA board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lame_sauce

I bought a EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI (TR Version) and when I received the board it says on the packaging that it doesn't support Quad Core overclocking. I was wondering what the deal is with that. I wasn't sure if it was possible or not.

motherboard: E145-2011
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

:eek: you got the older TR board, it doesnt oc quads well or at all... you want a A1/T1 board, if you can send it back...

does the A1/T1 only apply to the eVGA model numbers??? I just ordered an XFX 680i and they don't list anything about this. It seems like they have something called D0?? I don't know, I read that at XS forums and could never confirm it on any XFX documentation.

you got me worrie that I might have got the wrong mobo!

yes it only applies to evga both bfg and xfx use a different model scheme.

i thought i read if it says C0 then worry if its D0 then nothing to worry about... sorry i didnt pay attention to XFX's that closly, so dont take my word on that...

Back